Yamaha Rhino Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay...so here's the story. I went into the clutch to change the weights and spring that I already had changed. (was going from orange and 16 to gold and 18). Well I guess I overtightened the secondary nut as I am unable to break it free (even with an impact). We tried everything, breaker bar, holding the belt to keep it from spinning but to no success. Well I said what the heck fro now, slapped the 18 weights in the primary and was driving it over to a friends house who had more psi for the impact. Well in the midst of all this, a nasty grinding noise behind the primary inside the case. This happened when I put the car in H. Now when you engage the tranny it grinds really bad and wants to move even with the brake on. Can anyone tell me what this might be? I drained the oil in the car and found no shavings or metal pieces so I think I can rule that out. I removed all the bolts behind the primary to try and remove the cover but can't seem to get it off. Any help would be great.

Thanks

·
Banned
833 Posts
sounds like you left the primary cage off and that will happen...put it back on and see if it stops making noise and should go into gear...if not you damaged the wet clutch

·
Registered
674 Posts
make sure you have that spyder cover on and seated properly..make sure the sheave is seated on the shaft correctly.

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
If I damaged the wet clutch, how hard is that to repair? Is there a special pulled to get the cover off!?

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yes, I did run it without the cover to test the weight change that's when the noise started.

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Do you have any hidden tricks for getting the primary nut off?

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Tried that and was denied by the bolt gods!!! I need a serious intervention.

·
Registered
55 Posts
when useing the impack use short burst of about 2 seconds ,stop and keep doing this and it will come off you have more power on short burst than just keeping it rattalling

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I had it apart about a month ago no problems. Put it back together, washer in correct position, using impact and didn't crank on it. Now it is just stuck, same impact I put it on with won't get it off. Haven't tried a 3/4 impact yet but I have calls out to try and borrow on. If I can't find I'll just have to buy one.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts