Yamaha Rhino Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We just bought an '09 Rhino Sport 700 and am new to the community...Hello! We intend to ride this dude half at low altitude and half above 9000'. I have a backseat conversion and bring kids along on trail rides and don't race, but don't want to poop along either. Looking to invest some bucks to insure the ride is cool at altitude, but still good down low at home. Is that possible? Lotsa choices out there for aftermarket performance stuff, but can't find info on the high/low altitude question. Looking for some sage advice...Thanks!

·
Registered
6,800 Posts
Welcome Bob,

bored throttle body, mild cam and exhaust (muzzy quiet core) will help quite a bit. also you may need an efi controller with these mods.

try benchmark performance 760-484-0986 or e:mail [email protected]

Rog sent ya

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the help. Seems like standard performance mods will help. At altitude, I suppose its about moving more air through the engine, I am a little concerned about proper air/fuel mixture. I am an old carb guy and had to modify the jets/slides for big altitude changes. Will the EFI controller handle that kind of change of altitude?

·
Registered
6,800 Posts
Thanks for the help. Seems like standard performance mods will help. At altitude, I suppose its about moving more air through the engine, I am a little concerned about proper air/fuel mixture. I am an old carb guy and had to modify the jets/slides for big altitude changes. Will the EFI controller handle that kind of change of altitude?
yes it can, I believe they will alter themselves at "key turn on" as they only check for air density at that one time until the next time the engine is started, make sense? not sure if all models/brands do this though.

also the clutch may or not have to be changed or modded after these engine mods for what you are doing. the gold spring will help with climbing for sure.

·
Registered
1,378 Posts
Bob, had my 08 rhino at over 11,000 ft last summer with no issues. They do slow down a little but not bad.
Intake and exhaust mod's along with some clutch work will definately help you out.
Pickup a MSD while you're at it to help with timing and A/F for the mod's.

·
Registered
1,378 Posts
At the time I had the clutch work, uni air filter, muzzy exhaust and the MSD and it ran fine.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts