Yamaha Rhino Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,025 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ive noticed most people dont wear helmets when riding these things I guess its not a requirment, is this true ? or is it just personal preference ?

·
Registered
1,255 Posts
I've been told you dont have to wear a helmet because it has a roll-cage. I bring a 3/4 helmet and toss it under a cargo net in the back for when I find a good jump to play on.

·
Registered
1,960 Posts
Helmets are a great thing to keep with the Rhino. I don't personally where them, unless I'm going to do some jumping or other crazy riding.

·
Registered
2,025 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I had lunch with a buddy of mine today and I was telling him about the Rhino Idea, he said a friend of his went out to ocotillo a couple of weeks ago and this girl was riding around {not wearing a helmet} by their campsite she was supposedly doing about 30 mph and somehow lost contro of the thing and flipped it on its side, anyways she hit her head really hard and ended up dying :( I am thinking Im going to wearing one of those half helmets when I get one ! even if it does look stupid....actually I think it would look smart !.

Anyways this girl was about seventeen years old. I dont know if I will be letting my kids ride this thing, at least not without me in it. I guess this girl made real hard right turn or something to make this thing flip over, i dont know, it really sucks ! and sad when you hear these stories, but Im still getting one but, going to put alot of time into feeling this thing out and testing
its limits on turns and stuff. Are these things really as tipsy as everyone says they are ?

·
Registered
1,599 Posts
They are pretty easy to roll. Just get used to it. I've always said, if a rhino rolls its mainly driver error. Do you think, if the girl was in a truck instead of a rhino and made a real hard right turn at 30 mph the outcome would be similar what happen with the rhino? IMO they are the same but on a different scale.

you may look funny with a helmet on but its always better to be on the safe side.

·
Registered
1,960 Posts
trooper522 said:
I had lunch with a buddy of mine today and I was telling him about the Rhino Idea, he said a friend of his went out to ocotillo a couple of weeks ago and this girl was riding around {not wearing a helmet} by their campsite she was supposedly doing about 30 mph and somehow lost contro of the thing and flipped it on its side, anyways she hit her head really hard and ended up dying :( I am thinking Im going to wearing one of those half helmets when I get one ! even if it does look stupid....actually I think it would look smart !.

Anyways this girl was about seventeen years old. I dont know if I will be letting my kids ride this thing, at least not without me in it. I guess this girl made real hard right turn or something to make this thing flip over, i dont know, it really sucks ! and sad when you hear these stories, but Im still getting one but, going to put alot of time into feeling this thing out and testing
its limits on turns and stuff. Are these things really as tipsy as everyone says they are ?
That is one of the reasons I got the high back suspension seats and four point harnesses. That way my body can move and my head stays in place.

But a helmet is the way to go.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts