Yamaha Rhino Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello!!!!
My Rhino journey has been an interesting one for sure. Purchased what I thought was a 2005 Rhino 660 SE. I later found out it's a 2007. It needed TLC and I put new tie rods, ball joints, swing arm bushings and wheel bearings all around. Installed a 2" lift and 2" spacers. Then my kids rolled it after slipping on ice. They both had seat-belts and helmets on thank God. My daughter ended up with a broken arm needing surgery. Everyone will be okay.
The fire department had to cut the roof/roll cage off with the jaws of life. I can't find a cage anywhere in Canada!!! Obviously the Rhino is a good machine as there are very few scrapped and second hand parts a scarce. There are a couple on eBay. Two questions: anyone know of a roll cage for sale, and has anyone had had any experience with eBay shipping? I'm thinking I'll end up paying more for freight than the part. Thanks!!
NLgreasemonkey

Attachments

·
Super Lead Moderator
3,809 Posts
Welcome to the site, me I would find a welder and have him rebuild the cage. Post a picture of the cage as it is now and that will tells us what you have to work with.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'll post some pics later but the cuts are in bad places. Where the tubing curves and where the gussets and hand grips are. One is right where the seat belt bracket is.

·
Premium Member
3,131 Posts
Welcome from Tuscola Tx. Love the countryside up there, back when i was in the airforce we would stop up there overnight on our way to england on the c-130. As far as the cage goes it doesent sound good but any welding shop should b able to hook you up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hello Again,
Always great to meet a military person, especially one with a connection to Newfoundland. Thank you for your service!!!
I have been in contact with a welding shop and they are going to take a look. Updates and pics to follow!!!
Wayne

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I ended up ordering a used roll cage for a 2007 on eBay. Welding shop gave me a $2000 minimum estimate and no guarantees it could be fixed. Also wanted a waiver signed relieving them from any safety liability relating to the roll cage structure.

·
Super Lead Moderator
3,809 Posts
So the roll cage part that is part of the body is bent also, is that why the price is so high to fix?

·
Premium Member
3,131 Posts
Think its 2,000 canadian

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Frame is fine, it's just the bolt on cage. It is $2000 Canadian. Our dollar is worth about 70 cents US. Welding shop rate here is $70-$100 an hour.

·
Super Lead Moderator
3,809 Posts
Frame is fine, it's just the bolt on cage. It is $2000 Canadian. Our dollar is worth about 70 cents US. Welding shop rate here is $70-$100 an hour.
Same rate as here

·
Registered
22 Posts
Welcome aboard NLGREASMONKY I am relatively new here to. I think you will find this sight quite informative. Sorry to hear about the broken arm but glad to hear everybody is OK.
Good luck with the roll bar

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Haven’t posted in awhile. The rhino rebuild is still on going. Got a 2012 roll cage from Pensilvania on eBay for $500 Canadian. New bed side from the dealer. Couldn’t color match the limited edition plastics. Had all the plastics sprayed with rhino liner bed liner. Looks awesome I think. Urban assault SWAT style. LOL. Pics coming.

·
Premium Member
3,131 Posts
Rhino and harleys oh yah!!

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
As you can see I also installed some lighting. Wired an auxiliary fuse box for the lights and winch. Lots of space for other accessories. Check out the custom bracket I built to mount the top LED. I’ve mounted a rear view mirror to that bracket since the pic.

·
Premium Member
3,131 Posts

09 700 and 99 springer

Just finished building this one

1 - 20 of 23 Posts