Yamaha Rhino Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Have read some of the posts and I want to thank you all, sounds like you guys know your stuff. have a Neutral light problem (not coming on) a long with L & H lights staying on.... Thought it was a dirty switch so cleaned. lights work great now...was very dirty but still no Neutral light. checked switch w/ ohm meter and the N wire had no connection. I jumped the H wire in H gear to see if N light came on and it did... so bought a new switch.... still same problem??? if N light came on when jumped, it would mean the diode is good right??? moved gear selector to see if off a little??? not that. Not sure what to check next. Very cold here and would be nice starting it without hitting the break peddle. Thanks for any ideas you might have?

·
Super Lead Moderator
3,809 Posts
Welcome to the site, SteveS is the electrical guru so sure he'll head you in the right direction.

·
Premium Member
311 Posts
Welcome to the group, glad to have ya here! :welcome1:

Someone will know what's up with the light. I would have thought replacing the switch would have fixed it also.

·
Administrator
9,767 Posts
Have read some of the posts and I want to thank you all, sounds like you guys know your stuff. have a Neutral light problem (not coming on) a long with L & H lights staying on.... Thought it was a dirty switch so cleaned. lights work great now...was very dirty but still no Neutral light. checked switch w/ ohm meter and the N wire had no connection. I jumped the H wire in H gear to see if N light came on and it did... so bought a new switch.... still same problem??? if N light came on when jumped, it would mean the diode is good right??? moved gear selector to see if off a little??? not that. Not sure what to check next. Very cold here and would be nice starting it without hitting the break peddle. Thanks for any ideas you might have?
Maybe a short or break some where in the line?

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
But the N light lights when I put the shifter in H gear and jump the hot wire that would light the H light to the N wire to the panel. I do this at the switch connector. so I am thinking it is from that point to the switch bolted to motor??? checked the new switch and it is good??

·
Registered
184 Posts
Welcome to the forum

·
Registered
20 Posts
Lake is up 7 feet and yes some water is on the other side of the crossing (Stanfield). A lot of snow still to melt! Looks like some good fishing this year!
I am also from the Big Bear Area too (Running Springs), nice to see we have another Mountain person on this forum !!

·
Registered
184 Posts
Welcome aboard

1 - 12 of 12 Posts