Yamaha Rhino Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
286 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am tried of snaping axles went back to 26 inch tires and 1st time out with the new motor snapped the right rear.

What axles do I go with Gorilla, Super ATV, looked at the Summerbrothers Barbarian's also but those are way expensive.

Would I be best off with the Gorilla's ??

Vendors give me prices 06 rhino rears only

·
Registered
286 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i can get you the rhino brand
I have tried American CV (CV Restoration Monster Axles), STI, EMPI, and all have broken how do those hold up??

Did u get my text this morning about the 16 gram weights??

·
Registered
665 Posts
junk....turner axles ftw :hitit:i have broke more rhino and stock axles then i want to think about not worth it in my book go big or stay the f out of the mud.27's + full thorttle + thick mud will kill about any axle but turners love it and ask for more :eek5:

·
Registered
286 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

·
Registered
286 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
junk....turner axles ftw :hitit:i have broke more rhino and stock axles then i want to think about not worth it in my book go big or stay the f out of the mud.27's + full thorttle + thick mud will kill about any axle but turners love it and ask for more :eek5:
were do I get the turner axles at and are they complete with cv's

·
Registered
86 Posts
Turners axles are out of Houston and in my opinion I would stay as far away from them as possible. Daniel the owner is one heck of a fabricator etc... but it seems as if he dosent do much in the shop these days.
I know poeple who bought them and tried to use the warranty only to be put off multiple times waiting on heat treating or some other process etc.... (The same excuse they give everyone)

The warranty is useless if you have to wait 6 weeks to get a replacement.

I am no huge fan of Gorilla (Based on my experiences with Greg McMullin - General manager) but I will say if you break one they will have a replacement out in a matter of days.

Both are tough axles but Gorilla gets my vote based on they have axles in stock and ready to send out if you have a warranty claim. Both cost about the same (Expensive)

Maybe I am lucky but I have had great luck out of stock axles on my Rhinos. Of Course now I will break one nxt week. lol We run 29.5 Outlaws or Terminators on all of the Rhinos in our group and have had about the same experiences.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Forgot bot Gorilla and Turners have C/V's included and none of the parts will interchange with stock bars or C/Vs

·
Registered
286 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks for the input guys sounds like I'll get gorillas

·
Registered
74 Posts
Have you tried the axles from Hunterworks? I have 28'' Mudlites and was breaking axles, so I tried a set for $150 each with the 180 day warranty, but have not had to use it. They are also $125 without the warranty. I have yet to break one and it has been 8 months on them. You can't go wrong for the price.

Btw, I had the Rhino axles and have nothing good to say about them.

·
Registered
286 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Have you tried the axles from Hunterworks? I have 28'' Mudlites and was breaking axles, so I tried a set for $150 each with the 180 day warranty, but have not had to use it. They are also $125 without the warranty. I have yet to break one and it has been 8 months on them. You can't go wrong for the price.

Btw, I had the Rhino axles and have nothing good to say about them.
No I've tried pretty much all the others in the lower price range and I'm tried of it gonna spend the money and go with gorilla's and hope thats the right decision.

I had 30 inch Silverback's and have had so many axle problems I went back to 26's but first time out with the new 686 I broke another.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts