Yamaha Rhino Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
268 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

· Registered
268 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I run mine straight through also, first through the heater and then through the rad with no problems you get better performance ( heat) this way. In fact I am using the same heater you have, very good quailty and made in Canada not China. I believe the heater out lets are smaller in size than the rads. I used hose reducers on both sides of the heater and it seems to have no ill effect on the cooling. Maybe if you lived in the desert it would be a problem.
Good response, where do you reduce it at? Where it comes out under the drivers seat? And can you use it on high speed or just low and med fan speed? Any pics by chance?

· Registered
268 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
This heater has a 3 speed fan motor on it, so there is 4 wires on it, one is a ground, one is low, one is med and one is hight speed, I think I know the heater you are talking about, but not sure if it is a 3 speed fan or not. I am going to mount mine under the dash, right above/infront of the cup holders, there is lots of room there and it will be out of the way, plus it will blow at you, I might have to angle it a bit so it will get the body more, but it will be a trial and error type of install.

· Registered
268 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Got mine hooked up today, wow does this ever throw heat! Just sitting in the driveway idling, it pushed out a lot of hot air! I still need to hook up my switch, but ran it off a battery pack to test it out.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.