1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
268 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
78 Posts
I run mine straight through in the winter and it has worked great for 3 years now. I take it out in the summer though to keep from pluging up with mud.

·
Registered
44 Posts
I run mine straight through also, first through the heater and then through the rad with no problems you get better performance ( heat) this way. In fact I am using the same heater you have, very good quailty and made in Canada not China. I believe the heater out lets are smaller in size than the rads. I used hose reducers on both sides of the heater and it seems to have no ill effect on the cooling. Maybe if you lived in the desert it would be a problem.

·
Registered
268 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I run mine straight through also, first through the heater and then through the rad with no problems you get better performance ( heat) this way. In fact I am using the same heater you have, very good quailty and made in Canada not China. I believe the heater out lets are smaller in size than the rads. I used hose reducers on both sides of the heater and it seems to have no ill effect on the cooling. Maybe if you lived in the desert it would be a problem.
Good response, where do you reduce it at? Where it comes out under the drivers seat? And can you use it on high speed or just low and med fan speed? Any pics by chance?

·
Registered
44 Posts
I mounted this heater under the dash. I removed the OEM hose from under the drivers seat and replaced it with 3/4 " heater hose which is a tight fit over the pipe and ran the lenght almost up to the cowl then used a reducer Dayco PN 80424 that drops it down to 5/8 " hose through the cowl to the heater and the outlet 5/8 " to 3/4" to the rad. I think it would not matter where you reduce it at. As far as fan speed goes high will cool the engine off down to 140 degrees in no time especially when its - 15 and colder. Think of this heater as an aux. rad. Hope this helps.

·
Registered
395 Posts
mine is simalar to that but square, like the 21K in your link....mine is mounted under driver seat....it takes the engine line that leaves top by thermostat....that line as it runs along under clutch cover was cut and ran to my heater...the rhino hose is like 7/8...the heater is 5/8...thats the problem you are wanting to no....mine has a 2" piece of 5/8 hose on each heater core outlet/inlet....and the 7/8 rhino hose slips over that...so there is two hoses on the barb fiting on the heater and than a reg hose clamp....works great...not sure where you are mounting?....but i did install a 7/8" 90* just after the outlet as it reinters the clutch area from under the seat...the PO..just bent the hose and i didn't like the kink....also the stock hose that comes down from thermo...my feed has lots of bends in it from factory...also this was not right from PO from where they cut it...i needed to install a Tee for my coolant gauge...so after looking at that hose for awile i found a spot i cut again...which gave me a nice short piece of hose with a factory 90* to inter the under seat area...and then my tee...that is barb 7/8" on the staight through and then threded in the middle...like 1/2"...i reduced that twice to get to 1/8" for my sender and the sender dose (Not ) stick into the flow path....works great...and as mentiond it will work for heavey duty cooling on a hot day if needed?....my fan is on or off...i see in your link the 3 speed fan for 9.99...how would you wire that?...and will that work on any fan?...let me know thanks

·
Registered
268 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
This heater has a 3 speed fan motor on it, so there is 4 wires on it, one is a ground, one is low, one is med and one is hight speed, I think I know the heater you are talking about, but not sure if it is a 3 speed fan or not. I am going to mount mine under the dash, right above/infront of the cup holders, there is lots of room there and it will be out of the way, plus it will blow at you, I might have to angle it a bit so it will get the body more, but it will be a trial and error type of install.

·
Registered
395 Posts
mine must be 1 speed only than...only 2 wires...mine has 2....3" ducts...that i put 3" flex hose on....and one blows on driver feet area....and the other the pass feet area....i think that is a good setup?....heat rises...and your feet get wet cold first

·
Registered
268 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Got mine hooked up today, wow does this ever throw heat! Just sitting in the driveway idling, it pushed out a lot of hot air! I still need to hook up my switch, but ran it off a battery pack to test it out.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts