Yamaha Rhino Forum banner
21 - 30 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
Finally got my heater installed on my 09 700. I plumbed it in series with the main rad with a bypas valve but I have the bypass valve completely closed so all the water goes through the heater and then through the rad. The heater is one I've had kicking around for years so not sure on who made it but I see similar ones are about 13000 BTU. It throws quite a bit of heat but with half windshield, enclosed back window and no doors most of the heat is lost. I'm sure it would cook you out with enclosed cab. I made my own fittings out of brass pipe and copper fittings and used sil\phos to braze them together. Also a pic of the T fitting I made for my temp sensor in the same manner.Pics attached

Attachments

·
Registered
356 Posts
nice work

·
Registered
1 Posts
I also am ordering a summitt kit and wondering if you would be willing to send some of your installation pictures to me. I have a 2009 700 rhino and I think, not sure that it will fit under the hood but that is where I would like to install it. any help would be appreciated. you can e mail me at [email protected] thank you

·
Registered
1 Posts
hi can i see some pics on how u plumbed in the summit heater i am having a hard time finding the y connectors that come from the factory rhino heater kit ?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #27 ·
I used Y connectors so I would be able to bypass the heater if I needed to. I wasn't sure if the heater would restrict the flow of the coolant since the heater only has 5/8 inch connections and the coolant lines on the machine were about 1 inch. I made my own y connectors out of copper pipe and sil/phos'ed them together for strength. Haven't had a problem and it's been about 2 years now.

·
Registered
2,490 Posts
Ive had my rhino from 400 to 13,234 ft in elevation, temps of 18 to 115 degrees F with no issues for over 5 years now. No y's or bypasses. Just another place for a possible leak!

·
Registered
268 Posts
Hello, what are you guys using to help keep the engine warm. I live in Manitoba, Canada and it gets very cold here. I have an 08 with a 24000 btu heater with 3 speed switch, it is plumbed on the drivers side in and out and I have a ball valve installed to divert all the flow through the heater. The heater sucks all the heat the Rhino has, I just installed it so I have not tried anything yet
Sounds like you have the same heater i do, i couldnt hook up the high speed as it would cool off the engine, so i just used the low and med, on colder days, i put a piece of plexiglass in front of the rad, like some people do on a car in the winter, seems to keep my temps up better when running the fan on med.

·
Banned
1 Posts
I hope this answers your question. If you must, please feel free to contact me and or my supervisor, Jason Hamman at (210) 514-6833 or email This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it..

21 - 30 of 30 Posts