Yamaha Rhino Forum banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
854 Posts
i don't have any pics but i can tell you this. the hot water that dumps out of the motor should go into the heater and then into the radiator. this way you will have more heat. what heater do you have it should have directions.

·
Registered
2,490 Posts
What year Rhino do you have? If you have between 04-07, I have pics and molded hose part numbers for that factory look.

Fill out your user profile, it helps!

·
Registered
12 Posts
I have a heater installed on my rhino and can e-mail pics, but hot water comes from drivers side hose comming from the head thermostat cover and is spliced in with a T where it goes into the radiator on that side, return is hooked on the lower radiator hose side RH passengers side where it comes out and back to the engine with a T. I am not sure but beleive even if they are backward they do the same thing flow thrue the heater core. Mine will run you out on low speed.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I've got an 09 700 but would still like to see pics. Some of the threads say to tee in supply on one side of rad and return on other side of rad. Other thread says to tee in and out on same side???? Thanks

·
Registered
2,490 Posts
I've got an 09 700 but would still like to see pics. Some of the threads say to tee in supply on one side of rad and return on other side of rad. Other thread says to tee in and out on same side???? Thanks
I did not use any tees. No need for them. 3 years now and not one problem! I came out of the top of engine right into the top of heater, out of the heater into the top of the radiator. Keep in mind, my rhino is an '06 and the heater is under the hood. You want the heater plumbed before the radiator. I was fortunate to find all the molded hoses, so mine looks like it is a factory install.
Pm me your email address if you would like to see my pics.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I don't have any pictures but I have some information on how to plumb a cab heater. The hot water that dumps out of the motor should go into the heater and then into the radiator. That is the reason why you will have more heat.

·
Registered
282 Posts
You guys using a home made kit, or purchasing?

I talked to a guy the other day and checked out his setup..he just used a small cars heater core and a small fan behind it. Didn't know if there were certain models that work best.

·
Registered
2,490 Posts
You guys using a home made kit, or purchasing?

I talked to a guy the other day and checked out his setup..he just used a small cars heater core and a small fan behind it. Didn't know if there were certain models that work best.
I purchased mine from Summit Racing along with the duct kit. Here is a link. You can pm me your email address and I can send you pics and the part numbers of the hoses.

Summit Racing SUM-991102 - Summit Racing® Automotive Heaters - Overview - SummitRacing.com

·
Registered
68 Posts
I started installing my summit heater yesterday in my 09. Putting it under the drivers seat. I used 3/4" to 1/2" reducer nipples bought at local hardware store and almost 8' of 5/8 heater hose. (The 3/4" went in to the Rhino hose loosely...probably could use 1" to 1/2" reducers for a tighter fit) I cut the engine output hose about 6" from the thermostat and made the connections. That was the easy part....routing the heater vent hose to the passenger side is challenging. Best I can do is going under the front drive shaft and zip tie the hose so it doesnt come in contact with the universal joint...probably lose alot of heat temp, too by the time it gets over to the vent. My drivers side vent hose is only gonna be about 8" long. Lotta air flow expected there! Just got to cut the (2) 3" vent holes and wire the switch in and I should be good to go. C'mon winter!

·
Registered
28 Posts
yes i will be doing an under hood mount. so will they work on the 700? also does the heater come with brackets to install under the hood or do i have to fab something? ive seen in other posts about a box that can be purchased. i only have one battery so there is room. also does the heater come with the fan switch? i couldn't find any information on it. thanks

·
Registered
2,490 Posts
yes i will be doing an under hood mount. so will they work on the 700? also does the heater come with brackets to install under the hood or do i have to fab something? ive seen in other posts about a box that can be purchased. i only have one battery so there is room. also does the heater come with the fan switch? i couldn't find any information on it. thanks
I have the 660. Not sure on the 700, I have looked at them and do believe the airbox sits far enough out of the way.

The kit from Summit does come with brackets, you still need to fab one. A 3 inch piece of angle iron is needed. Real easy to fab.

Heater does come with the switch. You need to purchase the duct kit from summit as well.

Pm me your email and I will send you some good pics of my install.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Hello, what are you guys using to help keep the engine warm. I live in Manitoba, Canada and it gets very cold here. I have an 08 with a 24000 btu heater with 3 speed switch, it is plumbed on the drivers side in and out and I have a ball valve installed to divert all the flow through the heater. The heater sucks all the heat the Rhino has, I just installed it so I have not tried anything yet

·
Registered
254 Posts
Hello, what are you guys using to help keep the engine warm. I live in Manitoba, Canada and it gets very cold here. I have an 08 with a 24000 btu heater with 3 speed switch, it is plumbed on the drivers side in and out and I have a ball valve installed to divert all the flow through the heater. The heater sucks all the heat the Rhino has, I just installed it so I have not tried anything yet
you should check your thermostat. it may be stuck open.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts