Yamaha Rhino Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
can some one tell me what bulb type this is?

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
HID conversion.

054703. 2v3030. Trident these are the only markings on the bulb its self. does yours have any of the same?

my nex question will be when people do the HID conversion are a majority of people running a single beam system or hi/low beam set up. i wouldn't mind if i just ran blinding bright all the time but i wasn't sure if i would get more light out of high beam on a high/low setup

·
Registered
1,017 Posts
Does that mean youa re doing a conversion? That does not look like HID.. looks like dual element stock bulb

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
yes i am doing a conversion that is a stock bulb im trying to find out what it is. and i want to see if people use just a single HID bulb kit or one with the Hi/Low option.

·
Registered
118 Posts
it is the same bulb as mine. just completed hid conversion on mine. used the ebay xentec hid kit for like 39.00. works great so far. figured it was cheap enough that if it did go out i could buy several of em before it was as much as some of the high end ones =] it is a single beam system so after doing some research found that other users were using yellow wire for power. i spliced black to black for ground. dead ended the green wire (low beams) and spliced red to yellow (high beam) for hot wire. i cut about 2 inches from the end on my stock pigtail and connected there that way i can still disconnect and remove lights or hood as with stock setup. hope this helps.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
that was perfect that's what i want to do exactly are they allot brighter, do you like them. this is a quick fix for now until i can get my hands on a LED light bar.

·
Registered
118 Posts
i got h6 bulb with 10000k color. total night and day over stock bulb. its amazing how much difference it makes. im running mine off stock wire and main battery. some people are running larger wire/ relay switches/off secondary battery etc. i havent had any issues with mine so far running the way i have it. if i had secondary lights i would definitely run them off secondary battery. if your sec battery goes dead and you have your headlights connected to it your running in the dark. the hid pulls less than stock anyway once they are fired up so im running them same as if stock. any way you go you will be pleased with the difference in how bright they are. make sure its h6. i made the mistake of getting h6m which is a metal version which works on later models not 2006 and before, that fact failed to show up during my research lol. good luck.

·
Registered
1,017 Posts
that is exactly what I did as well just recently. Xentec HID single beam.. I never run low beam anyway.. I did hook up my low beam to a yellow HID driving light for dirt or foggy driving

·
Registered
11 Posts
Many thanks for this info!

i got h6 bulb with 10000k color. total night and day over stock bulb. its amazing how much difference it makes. im running mine off stock wire and main battery. some people are running larger wire/ relay switches/off secondary battery etc. i havent had any issues with mine so far running the way i have it. if i had secondary lights i would definitely run them off secondary battery. if your sec battery goes dead and you have your headlights connected to it your running in the dark. the hid pulls less than stock anyway once they are fired up so im running them same as if stock. any way you go you will be pleased with the difference in how bright they are. make sure its h6. i made the mistake of getting h6m which is a metal version which works on later models not 2006 and before, that fact failed to show up during my research lol. good luck.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts