Yamaha Rhino Forum banner

Header wraps & Thrush Glass Pack Mod

1K views 4 replies 3 participants last post by  TS2 
#1 ·
Hey folks :

after doing my GM alternator install i have a 2 inches between the exhaust and the alternator so i ordered some
Titanium Lava Header Manifold Exhaust Heat Wrap Tape off of Ebay ,, i spend a boat load of dollars on there ..
so the wraps came in so i needed to remove the muffler pipe & muffler to have room to wrap the tubes comming off of the head , then i saw the hack job of a weld job on the tube that somebody done before , so i decided to just replace the wore out stock muffler and the bad pipe , i went on line and they must think all of the UTV mufflers are made out of gold not a one was under a 100.00 bill , I just took a drive to town to Oreilly Auto and spent $48.53 . got a thrush muffler and assorted pipe adapters to fit the rhino exhaust to the Thrush glass pack . it turned out worth every penny spent on this mod , Now if your a young gun you will like the loud raspie sound of the glass pack it has some Bark ,, but for me it was alittle too much as i use the 660 for hunting and on my land for spraying and other chores that the rhino can be used for .
so i took the spark arrester out of the original muffler and it was a perfect slide in the rear of the Thrush muffler and it toned it down to just the sound i was wanting , not too loud and nothing like the sissy stock muffler .
so for $48.53 you get a exhaust update that should put a smile on your face .
that 4 inch clamp is not inclued in the dollar amount , that i had in my shop
and was a spare for my dump truck ..

Jake

See less See more
#3 ·
if this thing see deep water it will be with the next owner ,
if i did deep water i would snorkel the exhaust as well as intake .

Jake

#4 ·
Hey folks :

after doing my GM alternator install i have a 2 inches between the exhaust and the alternator so i ordered some
Titanium Lava Header Manifold Exhaust Heat Wrap Tape off of Ebay ,, i spend a boat load of dollars on there ..
so the wraps came in so i needed to remove the muffler pipe & muffler to have room to wrap the tubes comming off of the head , then i saw the hack job of a weld job on the tube that somebody done before , so i decided to just replace the wore out stock muffler and the bad pipe , i went on line and they must think all of the UTV mufflers are made out of gold not a one was under a 100.00 bill , I just took a drive to town to Oreilly Auto and spent $48.53 . got a thrush muffler and assorted pipe adapters to fit the rhino exhaust to the Thrush glass pack . it turned out worth every penny spent on this mod , Now if your a young gun you will like the loud raspie sound of the glass pack it has some Bark ,, but for me it was alittle too much as i use the 660 for hunting and on my land for spraying and other chores that the rhino can be used for .
so i took the spark arrester out of the original muffler and it was a perfect slide in the rear of the Thrush muffler and it toned it down to just the sound i was wanting , not too loud and nothing like the sissy stock muffler .
so for $48.53 you get a exhaust update that should put a smile on your face .
that 4 inch clamp is not inclued in the dollar amount , that i had in my shop
and was a spare for my dump truck ..

Jake

Where can I get some info on that GM Alternator instal?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.