Yamaha Rhino Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
700 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone tried swapping out the OEM head lights with more efficient LEDs? I'm not interested in doing any excessive wiring or adapting to OEM - just looking for an upgrade that is "Plug & Play" and brighter than original equipment.

Thanks!

·
Registered
2009 Yamaha Rhino 700 Sport Edition
31 Posts
Has anyone tried swapping out the OEM head lights with more efficient LEDs? I'm not interested in doing any excessive wiring or adapting to OEM - just looking for an upgrade that is "Plug & Play" and brighter than original equipment.

Thanks!
Just did mine. Found some sweet ones on Amazon. They are stupid bright. And they just fit where the stock ones were. No re wiring or anything.

·
Registered
700 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Dang - I don't have any Canadian dollars! :(
Seriously though thanks for your input - that's exactly what I'm looking for - plug & play! Heading to amazon right now.

·
Registered
31 Posts
No worries. They’re a good upgrade. We do a lot of night runs 😉

·
Registered
2009 Rhino 700, Hunters Edition
13 Posts
No worries. They’re a good upgrade. We do a lot of night runs 😉
I recently performed the same mod with very similar results experienced by PChow, with one notable exception. The high and low beam switch positions are now reversed. This appears to be a common problem with these replacement bulbs as I have read it happening to other forum members. It doesn’t bother me as I simply switch the light to whatever the conditions warrant, regardless of the little symbol that I can’t see in the dark anyhow.

·
Registered
31 Posts
I recently performed the same mod with very similar results experienced by PChow, with one notable exception. The high and low beam switch positions are now reversed. This appears to be a common problem with these replacement bulbs as I have read it happening to other forum members. It doesn’t bother me as I simply switch the light to whatever the conditions warrant, regardless of the little symbol that I can’t see in the dark anyhow.
Yes. Me too. It seems the manufacturers bulbs are backwards but it doesn’t matter. One position is still high beam and the other is still low. I never use the low beams anyways as when we wheel in the dark I want as much light as possible.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts