Yamaha Rhino Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
800 Rotax out of an 06' outlander, just pulled it out of one rhino that I bought, to put the motor in my rhino (mine has extensive frame modifications).

The seal between the motor/trans leaks BAD, is that a hard seal to replace? What else should I look to go ahead and replace while the motor is out? I went ahead and ordered the bearings that supposedly make it easier to shift, as shifting was definetly a pain...

The motor seemed to run good, I really plan to just clean it up, replace the leaking seal, probably go ahead and install a new belt and keep the old as a spare.

So, what should I replace, and where should I order it from?

Thanks!

·
Registered
253 Posts
I found a page in the can am forums that list the size of that seal in MM. Look up the factory part # and search for the cross reference in mm. maybe someone here knows it... Then your local bearing or seal shops in town can hook you up.

If you can get the seal out without jacking it up take it to them and they can match it up. Should be a 2-3 dollar part.

Cant see where your from but here in Phoenix I use Bearing Belt and Chain on 7th Street.

·
Registered
180 Posts
If you look in the ryr section, Brian has a link ti some can am service manuals that you can download. Your cvt assembly will have to be removed and the shift linkage. Then 3 nuts hold the gearbox on. Be careful with the springs for the one way bearings.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks! You think it would be a good idea to go ahead and replace those two bearings on the driveshaft? I am going to go ahead and replace the rear shaft seal as well (I guess it's the front on the outlander).

JOINT TORIQUE *O-RING
420230305 1 $7.49

ANNEAU ETANCHE *SEAL-OIL
420850055 1 $12.49

Maricopa County New & Used Motorcycle Dealer, ATVs, UTV’s, Jet Skis, Scooters - Apache Motorcycles

order from this site. you get a good discount and they ship it to you

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Oh yea, I thought the outlanders used different oil for the motor/trans, but I can't find any place on the trans to fill or drain it, is that only on newer models?

·
Registered
253 Posts
seals are 25X47X7 1 Front and 1 rear!

·
Registered
700 Posts
The rear seal between motor and trans is easy to replace. Just remove the 3 nuts that attach the engine to the trans, remove the transmission, and there are only 3 bolts that hold the little seal/bearing housing in the block. Remove the 3 bolts and you can remove housing, and access the bearing/seal. Same goes for the front.....only 3 bolts hold the same housing in the block in the front. Remove the 3 bolts and pop the housing out to replace the bearing and seal.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.