Yamaha Rhino Forum banner

61 - 80 of 89 Posts

·
Registered
100 Posts
I usually go about once a month, going today and its snowing!!!!!

·
Registered
134 Posts
What are the best tires to run there. I'm still running stock and am concerned with flats with them. looking at Terracross or Big Horns

·
Registered
100 Posts
If you are on HM trails you can go everywhere with the stockers but you are right you may pop one up there. If you get on the outlaw trails (where I usually ride) there are a few places that the stockers will not work well. I run 25" Bighorns and love them. I have cut one side wall but that happens sometimes when you ride fast/hard.

·
Registered
315 Posts
We went last Sat and we had no problems 2 of the rhinos were running stockers. The one got a decent size gash in the side but it wasn't leaking.

·
Registered
100 Posts
this is me last weekend up there, didn't matter what tires you had in certain spots LOL

·
Registered
100 Posts
between the Indian Ridge and Pinnacle Creek systems on the outlaw trails.

·
Registered
134 Posts
Guess we won't be going. Asked if our Rhino with full roll, 4 seats and harness will be allowed on trails and this was their response.
"Thanks for the e-mail Don. The machine must have been manufactured nothing
added on after purchasing the machine. If you need anything else just
e-mail me."
Sucks because if I can't bring the family no sense in spending our money there.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Don,

For what its worth, you can see in my pic I have a cage and do have seats that mount in the back. I ride up there all the time and I know 2 others with full cages and back seats that ride up there with NO issues at all.

·
Registered
315 Posts
We have been down there 3 times and going again in 2 weeks and have yet to see a ranger. As for the cage its safer now than it was so I would go down anyway, whats the worse they could do ask you to leave. As I heard the rangers like to see all the diifrent rides that come in and out of there.

·
Registered
411 Posts
I been there and ride all over the town ,Right IN FRONT OF THE POLICE..they just stare and smile.I promise you will have no problems.

·
Registered
134 Posts
My big concern is to take vacation, drive 6hrs, spend money and not be able to ride becasue someone got a bug up their butt about my kids in the back seat and it not being stock.

·
Registered
411 Posts
you wont have a problem....go when other rf members are going and i bet youll have less problems.If youre not doing dumb **** and I assume youre not because of kids in the back, you wont attract attention.just make sure everyone has a trail pass displayed and its all good.

·
Registered
134 Posts
Does anyone go during their june or oct fest?
I was thinking of attending that with the family.

·
Registered
411 Posts
I know we will probably be there in June.Oktoberfest is always booked up a year in advance trying to find a place to stay.I know because i tried this year to book a place in June for October.but im sure if you try just outside the town something could be found !

·
Registered
9 Posts
woody here from n.c we go up there quiet a bit and looks like yu guys had a ball.
yes and there were some great pics, keep up the good work.

·
Registered
411 Posts
So is anyone planning a spring ride yet? any dates???

·
Registered
134 Posts
my family is ready to go, let me know and which trail system and best place to stay.

·
Registered
411 Posts
Ive only been to Browning fork,which I think is now Rockhouse or rockhead trail. I havent even done the whole thing yet because its so damn big .And I was there a week last time !
I want it to definitely be warm and not raining .I also wouldnt mind trying Burning Rock.
I stay at Penny Sammons place'. Home is her website.I like the Riverside treehouse because its on the river and away from everythign but it has other house sin the same culdesac so we can get a big group !

61 - 80 of 89 Posts