Yamaha Rhino Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I hope this is the right part of the forum. Last week I traveled from Arkansas, picked up a buddy in Nashville, and traveled on to Twin Hollow Camground in Gilbert, WV. I drove my truck with cab-over-camper, towing my trailer with the Rhino on board. We spent two days exploring a small part of Hatfield-McCoy. This particular campground had direct access to the trail system, as well as easy access to Gilbert for food, fuel, etc. One day we rode over the hills to the town of Man, which is also ATV/UTV friendly. We stayed mainly on the easy to moderate trails, but still found some nice challenges. Beautiful country, with nice fall colors.

I can highly recommend this particular campground. We got full hookups, but also used their nice shower rooms. They also have cabins to rent.

A word of caution. We did notice some police patrolling in plain clothes, on plain ATVs. Make sure you follow the posted rules, including helmets. Well worth checking out Hatfield McCoy if you're in the general area.

·
Registered
13 Posts
We did the HM trails a few months back and stayed at the same campground. Great trail access for sure, and very nice campground. We also use a slide in truck camper and a trailer for the Rhino. Next year I want to go back for about a week. There is another camp ground or two and would like to spend a few days at each one, plus do some of the other trails. How did you like that road going up to the campground? I thought we were going to flip backwards.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yea, that road was a hoot. My truck has 4WD, and I even shifted to low range just to cut down speed and bouncing. I was glad my camper is modest in size. The CG owner has the road posted "no ATVs", but he let me take the Rhino up it after washing it in Gilbert. All in all, though, I still like the CG a lot. Quiet, not crowded, great view, and clean.

·
Banned
3,290 Posts
thats 40 min from us...check out atvresort.com...no police patrol..super clean cabins with camp ground access to hatfield and mccoys and the outlaw trails that we ride..no helments no pass needed no rules with great trails...if you guys let me know when your coming up i may be able to meet you and show you around:banana:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.