Yamaha Rhino Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
while replacing the stator I noticed the rotor that it goes in is also damaged, has anyone replaced it ? do I need a special tool or puller to remove it ? Thanks

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
service manual shows a puller

in the service manual it does call for a flywheel puller, I have a harmonic balancer puller I will try and see if it works

·
Registered
501 Posts
while replacing the stator I noticed the rotor that it goes in is also damaged, has anyone replaced it ? do I need a special tool or puller to remove it ? Thanks

Take a look at this YouTube video which gives good detail on testing and replacing the stator. The video is on a Grizzly 700 but its essentially the same motor as in your Rhino.

PS: Most all of us check in with YouTube first when we have issues with our Rhinos that we can't quite figure out. Use this method prior to posting, that way we know that you gave it s shot on trying to figure it out on your own - then you can tap the collective experience on this forum with most being happy to help you out.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
yes, I had seen that video prior to posting, it is a very good video showing how to replace the stator, I was wondering if anyone had used anything besides the flywheel puller the service manual recommends. I have a Harmonic balancer remover after posting I tried it and was able to remove the rotor with it, hope that helps someone else, Thanks

·
Registered
501 Posts
yes, I had seen that video prior to posting, it is a very good video showing how to replace the stator, I was wondering if anyone had used anything besides the flywheel puller the service manual recommends. I have a Harmonic balancer remover after posting I tried it and was able to remove the rotor with it, hope that helps someone else, Thanks

No problem with being creative - that's the name of the game as long as no damage occurs doing so. Posting workable solutions is appreciated by all.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts