Yamaha Rhino Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
395 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey i was at work this week and useing our older jon deere gator and it has the bed on back like my rhino....and it has an electric power dump bed....so with the bed open i was looking at the unit and there aint nutin too it....so i got home and was looking on ebay and all the gator motors were like 400 and some rhino ones were like 800?....has anyone figured out how to make something cheeper?

·
Registered
5,840 Posts
the rhino's come with power dump from factory , just reach ur hand out to urleft and backawards pull lever and bam that suker is gonna tip , good luck ! : 0

lol-jk

·
Registered
395 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
yeh...you desert guys are real funny!....me and my son were useing the rhino around the yard this sommer moving rocks....and it would not dump even if we lifted on it....we had to hand unload...real pain with a bad back.....just thoght 600 was alot...i could instal on my silverado fo that?

·
Registered
282 Posts
Any possible way to incorporate a winch? You can get winches dirt cheap these days(harbor freight ones for like $50 that have 2k pound capacity)..find a spot to mount it where it lifted up on the bed...or use a pully sytem. Just throwing out ideas of something other than hydraulic or other forms of lifting bed.

·
Registered
4,308 Posts
You can pick up electric actuators for about 100-150 bucks, but I don’t know if the torque would be there to do the job.

·
Registered
5,840 Posts
yeh...you desert guys are real funny!....me and my son were useing the rhino around the yard this sommer moving rocks....and it would not dump even if we lifted on it....we had to hand unload...real pain with a bad back.....just thoght 600 was alot...i could instal on my silverado fo that?

ya when u have a heavy load it wont tip ,

but if u pick up on it it will dump over if its real heavy

actuator is were its at, get a heavy duty one of the internet

·
Registered
395 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
yep mazda...your on it...thats just what the john deere gator one looks like....and making the mounts on each end looks easy/nuthing too it....on the gator...i messured today....it is 16" closed....and 20" eye to eye when the bed is wide open....so that is only a 4" throw....that link you att. has one....500 lb push 4" throw 1/2 eyes on each end..heavy duty...12 volt and looks just like the gator one....99 bucks...and it looks like they have the end mounts for like 10 each...couple relays?...and switch...maybe 150?....the one on ebay sold for 400

·
Registered
1,017 Posts
Now now.. there is a Yamaha kit that is electic over hydraulic. it is a factory kit yes it is a few pennies but I suspect the Freaking gator was a few pennies also. I bought one off ebay actually I bought 3. Rhino, Trailer and Trailer to be.. I will attach a pic.. there is a slo a mount kit needed that goes with this. do a little searching on the Yami motors site and you will find the part numbers and buy em on ebay or craigs list etc.

Attachments

1 - 9 of 9 Posts