Yamaha Rhino Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just bought an 07 rhino 450 miles. I notice its hard to get in gear sometimes, it grinds and clunks into gear. Is this normal or do i have problems already? I thought adjusting idle down. New to site any help wound be appreciated.

·
Registered
252 Posts
High idle will definitely cause the clunk and grinding as the transmission at that point is completely engaged so attempting to shift from neutral to any gear will result in grinding and a clunk.

·
Registered
1,819 Posts
High idle is usually the cause. Could need the sheave and weights cleaned up, inspected and regressed. Is it really easy to shift when the motor is off?

·
Registered
252 Posts
Possibly a carburetor adjustment, and cleaning, and adjusting the idle. I had that problem all the time with my Yamaha Grizzly 450, the idle seemed to always be out of adjustment I was having to reset it about everytime I rode it for some reason, but when it was idling high it was always hard to engage or it would grind and jump into gear.

·
Registered
5,840 Posts
turn the fat knob screw thing on the driver side of the carb just till its about to die do this when its warmed up then turn it back up a hair and ur set,

1 - 7 of 7 Posts