Yamaha Rhino Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 2006 Rhino 450 has gotten hard to start & keep running.Will start with choke all the way out,but pops & cuts back off.Have to keep playing with throttle & choke until it stays running.
Is this normal,or is it something I can do?
Am not a very good mechanic on these machines.:|

·
Registered
442 Posts
My 2006 Rhino 450 has gotten hard to start & keep running.Will start with choke all the way out,but pops & cuts back off.Have to keep playing with throttle & choke until it stays running.
Is this normal,or is it something I can do?
Am not a very good mechanic on these machines.:|

Sorta sounds like fuel starvation to me. Is this machine new to you?

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Read somewhere to put a squeeze pump in gas line.That made it better.Gave it a few squeezes & started right up.

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Read somewhere to put a squeeze pump in gas line.That made it better.Gave it a few squeezes & started right up.
Yup, the 450s and 660s are notorious for losing their fuel prime.
Went to start this morning,& would start & cut off,start & cut off.Now has run battery down.Plug getting fire,But gets wet when you try to start.Any ideas?

·
Registered
505 Posts
Wrote you a reply on your battery thread this AM but nothing showed up....maybe I did a reply on one of the stupid ads , grrrrr. Not your fault.
You have a carb heater which will screw up your start and running particularly in cold weather. Low voltage will probably compound this issue. Get the service manual and it will take you thru the steps.

Reactions: bodatiouskid
1 - 8 of 8 Posts