Yamaha Rhino Forum banner
1 - 20 of 84 Posts

·
Registered
5,892 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im sure you have all felt down about all the new SXS coming out like the Poolaris 900 and wanted more power, suspension, better ergo`s, handling...etc etc...

But after being on the RZR forums for 15 min this morning im sure glad i got my rhino! geez seems like everyone is taking thiers in for work. I read about 5 diff guys with less than 500m that all blew up because of dust ingestion, polaris warrantied it (which they dam well should) then 150m later his cam split in half....

then a few other guys chimed in and said they wont warranty it.... havent they had an airbox problem since they came out?...... not to mention passenger seats on fire

Ill keep my slow RELIABLE rhino :D

·
Registered
427 Posts
I would give my Rhino a 8 1/2 out of 10 being best, has been very reliable for work, snow plowing & trail riding, even use it sometimes as a pace car/emergency rig at the local race car dirt track, 52 mph on the track clock, also a emergency saftey tow rig for roundy round snowmobile races, never has been back to dealer or in the shop except for 1st. check up & oil change that was free. Sure it's not as fast as other sxs but thats not why i bought it. Has been VERY dependable in the 1,700 + miles & countless hrs. of back & forth snow plowing, ask my rhino to deliver & it comes through.

·
Registered
1,378 Posts
Definitely happy with the rhino. She takes me everywhere I need to go and gets me back home every time.
She may not have the kind of power the new rigs have but it works fine for my type of riding (said like a typical guy who needs more HP, lol). I think if I did a lot of duning I would be bitching more.

I just keep fine tuning mine waiting til the day Yami comes out with something new. Those new Kawasaki T4's are looking pretty nice tho.

·
Registered
1,017 Posts
I am right there with everyone else. My Rhino does what I need every tiem when I need it. While there are other things about the others out there that seem nice like more power, more cyclinders etc. I am NEVER disappointed in owning my Rhino. for our family it is the best of ALL worlds, sport, work and nice looking ride at the same time. Not to mention it brings the Yami quality along with it. We're gonna keep her a long time.

·
Registered
5,892 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
haha I meant "slow"

ya I hear you guys...your ALWAYS gonna want more power. even the XP guys are turboing them.... I rode with an "S" yesterday and he had like 1-2 more mph up top and not much pull from a dead stop. not bad for light as they are, not to mention the driver is about half my weight lol.

I dune alot and I'm happy with my rhino, it's kinda more challenging and makes it more fun. I can get every where I need to go, might just take me a little longer lol.

·
Registered
671 Posts
The rhino did every thing I needed it to do when we got out desert riding, sort of rock crawling, poker runs & stuff like that.

Totally Reliable, The things that I have broke or bent have been due to using it for that which it was never intended. ( front end parts & witches eyes in the dunes don't mix )

·
Registered
52 Posts
My Rhino has been great, although more HP sounds nice I would limit the wife and from driving it and takes away from why I bought the Rhino. My Rhino goes fast enough for me.

·
Registered
3,591 Posts
Im sure you have all felt down about all the new SXS coming out like the Poolaris 900 and wanted more power, suspension, better ergo`s, handling...etc etc...

But after being on the RZR forums for 15 min this morning im sure glad i got my rhino! geez seems like everyone is taking thiers in for work. I read about 5 diff guys with less than 500m that all blew up because of dust ingestion, polaris warrantied it (which they dam well should) then 150m later his cam split in half....

then a few other guys chimed in and said they wont warranty it.... havent they had an airbox problem since they came out?...... not to mention passenger seats on fire

Ill keep my slow RELIABLE rhino :D
You also left out the frames twisting, rear axles breaking on acouple of older models and finally a arms bending like pretzel! :greddy2:
Yes - they are faster but they cost as much as a new car!
I will be completely honest - me and my wife were talking about a year ago and were tossing around the idea of pull the trigger once the RZR4XP would come out BUT HOLY S**T 17-19K? Effe that! I could get a ***** new truck for that!
My rhino has been great to me and has never backed out from what I have put it thru. It has gave acouple of hick-ups here and there but that's common - just like our vehicles with the wear and tear.
I will just keep my "outdated" rhino! :bike4:

·
Registered
1,194 Posts
I bought my '08 Rhino 4 years ago with the extended warranty. All I have ever done in 3500 miles is maintenance, I guess YES contract was a waste of money.

·
Registered
3,591 Posts
lol so is it time to start the "save the rhinos" site? I think UTVinc will sponsor it :D lol
Effe that. This place will never die and you can quote me on that!
UTVcrap is all about pimping out RZRXPs rite now cus thats where all the mula is at - just like it was here acouple of years back. Remember they use to named RHINOCRAP? You can get a XP for 15k and have them pimp your ride for another 5-15k depending on how "pretty" you wanna make yours and what anodized colors you wanna go wit.......

·
Registered
5,892 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
lol ya I know they said it while ago to start the save the rhino site..

they are just cake decorators lol

·
Registered
3,591 Posts
lol ya I know they said it while ago to start the save the rhino site..

they are just cake decorators lol
Hahaha Ooooooooooooo no you did-ent! Cake-decorator INC! Thats some funny ass chit!
I also hear the copied alot of competitors products to get to where they are now. Thats shady if you ask me!

·
Registered
6,996 Posts
Rhino's still rule the roost. You see them more than any other sxs out there although it seems the XP is slowly catching up. Maybe 2 Rhino's to every 1 XP.

·
Registered
1,017 Posts
HA Guess we Rhino Owners will have the last laugh! The Rhino set the stage, Still runs the range and maybe the endagered species in the end but still the runnin strong. I'll keep my endagered Rhino without a doubt.. I has my fill of Pooplaris before my Yami. Never again.

·
Registered
245 Posts
I love my Rhino.....I have taken rides in Polaris Rangers, Kawasaki Tyrex, Mules, and I like my Rhino over those. Sure the 750 twin has power, but my buddy has not left me by far where ever we go. I hunt out of my Rhino, so it sees a lot of mud/dust. It just works for me. If I had to buy another SxS it would be a EFI Rhino.

1 - 20 of 84 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.