Yamaha Rhino Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking to buy set of half doors what's people running. What do you think is the best?

·
Registered
46 Posts
There are alot of nice doors out there,,,,imo...custom doors are the best when you make them yourself.i made mine fron 3/4"square tubing and a sheet of 1/16" aluminum,mine are half doors or full depending on the weather..i used factory location for mounting...good luck in your quest..

·
Registered
245 Posts
I would guess it is according what you do with your Rhino. I use mine to hunt....I like the J-Strong half doors and they work great for me.

·
Registered
116 Posts
J strong doors fit well, but they are way over priced for what you get. Haven't had any problems yet, but with as light as they are I can't see them lasting long.

·
Registered
46 Posts
i will try to upload a couple tomorrow at work....on my break...LOL.

·
Registered
245 Posts
J strong doors fit well, but they are way over priced for what you get. Haven't had any problems yet, but with as light as they are I can't see them lasting long.
I got my J strong 1/2 door on sale for $178.....just over $200 with shipping. I have had them on for nealy 2 years without any problems. I did modify the latching system, and they work like a champ.

·
Registered
20 Posts
I got my J strong 1/2 door on sale for $178.....just over $200 with shipping. I have had them on for nealy 2 years without any problems. I did modify the latching system, and they work like a champ.[/QUOTE

any pics on how u modified your latches ?

·
Registered
1,118 Posts
I got my J strong 1/2 door on sale for $178.....just over $200 with shipping. I have had them on for nealy 2 years without any problems. I did modify the latching system, and they work like a champ.[/QUOTE

any pics on how u modified your latches ?

X2...the latches SUCK !!!

·
Registered
185 Posts
I have some small doors I'm selling. Not sure if they're what you're looking for. They're probably more like 1/4 doors. Not sure if this link will work to view the picture of them

·
Registered
46 Posts
here you go... not the best pic but you should be able to get some ideas. I used 3/4" square tubing. Cut off factory door brackets and welded a piece of flat bar 1" by 1/4" the full length (thinking 12" long) i made some hinges with brass inserts. Then i made a frame all the way around leaving a 1/4" gap. I put some cross pcs in to stiffen it up. Where i cut the door in half i welded a piece of square stock 1/2" in side the top tube and they just slide into each other. The only thing i have changed is i painted them black with rhino bedliner to cut down on some noise. With the half door and a summit heater i have had no need to use the tops as the heater will throw you out.
2010 pics 138.jpg

DSCF0431.jpg
Good luck, there are lots of good ideas on here

1 - 12 of 12 Posts