Yamaha Rhino Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
194 Posts
I've got a 4 seat setup with the subwoofer. rear speakers, and under dash speakers and was curious if you have any tips on deflecting the music from under the dash to where you can actually hear it will riding? At full throttle I can't hear the music very well, the back seat can be heard great but not up front. When I stop, I can hear it just fine. It just seems like the angle on the front is pointed too much towards the floor. Got any tips???

·
Registered
194 Posts
I'm using your pods front and rear, and your subwoofer.

·
Vendor
142 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
All SSV pods are angled for optimum sound for the driver and passenger. In your photos it looks like your Rhino has doors that should help hold the sound is as well. Shoot me a PM with your email address and which amplifier your using, and I will send you some amplifier tuning tips.

Attachments

·
Registered
194 Posts
I'll have to get you some pictures, mine do not aim that direction, unless they are mounted backwards or something. I bought this rhino used, he had all the receipts for SSV products, he did it all back in 08 so I'm not sure if you guys had a change to the pod or what.

·
Registered
194 Posts
I'm gonna take a good look and see if they can be swapped or flipped over so I can replicate the picture you have.

I'll post you some pics when I get into the silly trailer.

·
Vendor
142 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Good news, those are SSV Works pods but it looks like someone mounted them in the wrong location. You can remove the pods and re install them in the correct location. Installing them properly will improve the sound quite a bit. Please find the link to the instructions below for the proper location.

http://ssvworks.com/files/RFKP_Install.pdf

·
Registered
194 Posts
After seeing your pics I was thinking they were in wrong.

Thanks

·
Registered
194 Posts
Hey Greg,

Is is possible to order just a left front pod? If so, how much would it be? The reason I ask, is that I relocated the pods and noticed that there is 2 right side pods in there. The right side looks just like your picture so I know it's mounted correctly and the one for the left is mounted funny since the pod looks identical to the right side.

Thanks

·
Registered
194 Posts
Thanks Greg!! Absolutely great customer service, helped out even when he didn't have to!! If you need help with your stereo needs, give Greg a shout!!

·
Registered
194 Posts
Just and update, came back from Cal City and just wanted to let you know that the set-up works perfect now!! I can hear nice crisp, clean music up front without having to crank the system all the way up. Thanks again!!

·
Registered
178 Posts
Greg, do you offer any other sub enclosure for the rhino other than the center console? I already have a locking box there and want to add some bass to my stereo. I am using the SSV speaker pods under dash, but the is now bass whatsoever coming from those speakers. I would likes 10" or maybe even a 12".

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Vendor
142 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Unfortunately the center console mounted subwoofer is the only enclosure we offer for the Rhino. For some additional bass over the 6.5 speakers, you can remove the 6.5 front pods and replacement them with 6x9 speakers. We offer these with our SSV Premium speaker or Alpine as an upgrade. These do not have the same amount of bass as the sub but they will definitely have more than the 6.5 speakers.
SSV Works RH-FKP69

1 - 20 of 20 Posts