Yamaha Rhino Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
New member here. Purchased a 2012 Rhino 700 EFI. I have owned many quads over the years but this is my first side x side. Wife no longer wanted to drive her own quad so we agreed on one of these. I do actually live in North Pole Alaska but its not really the North Pole, we are just adjacent to Fairbanks. We hunt regularly and love to trail ride, so much of AK is not accessible by main roads that an offroad vehicle, boat, or plane is pretty much a necessity. We look forward to the places we will be able to go in our new Rhino and can't wait until we are hauling out a Moose or Caribou in the bed.

I posted on another thread about an issue that I am had on my first day riding directly from the dealer. Sputtering and overheating with less than half a mile on it. Took it back to the dealer today so I will keep both threads posted with what happened. Hopefully nothing major. I don't want to have to fight it out with a dealer over the sale of a lemon. I hope it is something easy like the fan not being connected or something else similar. Cant wait to learn more about my new Rhino on here and I am sure I will be using these forums regularly as I go through installing some new stuff on it. Nice meeting you all.

·
Registered
301 Posts
Welcome...I had to work a couple weeks in Alaska in August, went to "North Pole Alaska"..what a cool little town, many of the street light poles and even the poles holding up the McDonalds sign are painted like candy canes! Got to see the Alaska pipeline and went to a cool Museum there in Fairbanks at the University of Alaska. Also checked out both Military bases there. Good luck with the Rhino, I'm sure they'll figure it out.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Bent Pin

Thanks for the welcomes. They said they found a bent pin in the connector for the fan. Should be fixed now. I will be running it over the next few days to see if I can get it to get hot. Might be kind of hard when the high for the next week is supposed to hover around 32 degrees. :)

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
AK or AR, why is it so hard?

Hello from Arkansas, The warm state !! HAHA Welcome aboard !
Part of my job includes hiring people. A couple of times a year I get applications from people that think that AK is Arkansas, go figure....

1 - 9 of 9 Posts