Yamaha Rhino Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently went to the greaseless clutch set cause i kept melting the stock style sliders. The sliders have held up GREAT but after 20 miles on the dunes my 14gram rollers egg shaped?? I just used a vise and eye balled them round again... after this last weekend i opened it back up and there WAY egg shaped now. Anyone had issues with this??

·
Registered
5,892 Posts
14g weights are known to warp, their is not enough material in them. my 16's have about 200 miles of dunes and 2-300 of dez with no problems. I have them out right now

·
Registered
3,239 Posts
The OD style should be stronger...

I am a naysayer on lighter rollers...

Of course I never had problems with my stock ones melting either...

Are you running an air filter on your cvt...???

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
No filter on it or snorkle. I run four paddles so it is tough on belts and building heat.. i just wasn't sure if the weights flattening out was common. Thanks for the response i may try to go back to stock style rollers??? or will it affect me with them egg shaped?? common sense tells me primary sheave won't react like its suppose to but i never noticed it driving. I mostly do tree shots and hill climbs though.. I'm sure a top speed blast may have told me something

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Its 105mm bore.. 727 i believe or i should say was! it decided to shove the rod through the back of the cases! I'm in the process of going bigger so i could prob get away with a little heavier weights this time around. With the 16grams before it would shift up to early and wouldn't let the revs get up good. It would wanna bog out with the 4 paddles on it in heavy sand. The clutching will prob end up fairly different this time around i was just curious if anyone had seen or heard of them rollers gettin egg shaped.

·
Registered
5,840 Posts
Its 105mm bore.. 727 i believe or i should say was! it decided to shove the rod through the back of the cases! I'm in the process of going bigger so i could prob get away with a little heavier weights this time around. With the 16grams before it would shift up to early and wouldn't let the revs get up good. It would wanna bog out with the 4 paddles on it in heavy sand. The clutching will prob end up fairly different this time around i was just curious if anyone had seen or heard of them rollers gettin egg shaped.

all the big motor higher HP rhino motors ive seen luved 10-11-12 gram weights,

heavier weight was no good,

orange spring or gold,

·
Registered
3,239 Posts
We are now a dealer for WV Hot Rod Rhino machined sheaves for od weights...

He has a big bore and you should check out his videos... :)

My last 686 ported w/ +1 valves did 0-300' in 6.3 seconds with stg 2 cam and stock carb...

Old style machined sheave...stock weights and orange spring...

I did all the dyno and time testing on all the weight and spring combinations and that was the fastest by a bunch...

But the fact is the cvt can be sensitive and the only way to know you have it dialed in is the hard way and that is to have all the weights and springs and go through them....

WV Hot Rod Rhino Sheaves for 660 at RuttingRhino.com

All the options and prices are not listed yet but will be soon for both 660 and 700...

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I have the gold spring in it now if it weren't for blowin up iwas gonna try the white spring. It was the 105mm bore 12:1 with +1 valves lots of port work, bored TB, x4 cam, muzzys... made good power for what it was. In the works is a good balanced 8mm crank and billet rod to hopefully solve the rod making its own window problem!! ha I got some buddies runnin some fairly built rhinos and they were able to run slightly heavier weights with the white spring just how the clutches shifted it still held rpm's. Just like you said though they can be sensitive so i'll prob be startin fresh with new set up and the different power curves it will prob make

1 - 12 of 12 Posts