Yamaha Rhino Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am getting ready to order all my gauges for my Turbo Rotax build in my Rhino that will be running a fuel cell. Here is the list of gauges I have in mind, any suggestions if not needed or I should change please let me know.

• Boost 0-30psi - Question? , is a vacuum/boost a pain to watch or does it not matter?
  • Oil 0-100psi
  • Water 0-260deg
  • Fuel 0-100psi
  • Air/Fuel - Question? , some I see do not have the dig numbers just the gauge like this one Auto Meter That ok, or should I look for a style that has the dig numbers also?
  • Fuel Level
  • Volt
I really like the AutoMeter SportComp2 series and they offer the SportComp2 PC series that has red led warning light settings so I am leaning on those but of course there are a couple other options they don't have and reason for my questions above.

Thanks in advanced for any help and or suggestions anyone has.

·
Site Founder
7,894 Posts
Nothing wrong with Autometer for pressure, and temp sensors.

If you want one of their Fuel Ratio guages, I will give you one for free. They're junk. The best bang for your buck is the AEM Here

A boost/vacuum gauge is nice because having a vacuum gauge will be an easy way to see if you have any uniformity issues with the engine. Just about an engine will show rough vacuum readings if there is a uniformity issue.....

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

·
Registered
525 Posts
I would not worry about volt gauge your Rotax display will let you know when battery is getting low, as far as boost I think the turbo guys should comment.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks Brian, I will check that one out on your link.

bigdjvp, LOL see I have not even fired up the dash to see what is on the Rotax gauge, I have the round style rotax guage. Sorry I have no idea what sets them apart from like what loco has. I also have Ted's Turbo Rhino at my shop because it belongs to my buddy and that has the dash gauge like loco's, not sure if it's a year difference but I am sure all you guru's know..haha

Thanks loco, how do you like your air/fuel gauge, it looks like a auto meter? I see you have a volt?

Am I over thinking the fuel level gauge?

·
Registered
242 Posts
Thanks Brian, I will check that one out on your link.

bigdjvp, LOL see I have not even fired up the dash to see what is on the Rotax gauge, I have the round style rotax guage. Sorry I have no idea what sets them apart from like what loco has. I also have Ted's Turbo Rhino at my shop because it belongs to my buddy and that has the dash gauge like loco's, not sure if it's a year difference but I am sure all you guru's know..haha

Thanks loco, how do you like your air/fuel gauge, it looks like a auto meter? I see you have a volt?

Am I over thinking the fuel level gauge?
The two difference in the two dashes are just that my dash and Ted's rhino dash came out of a Renegade, and the round style came out of an outlander.

Yup all mine are autometer, works fine, just I have burned up a sensor already. I have the volt meter because I didn't run a second battery for the stereo and lights until recently.

·
Registered
227 Posts
FYI I am noticing that my water outlet temp (hose to radiator) where my dash temp gauge sending unit is located is reading 10-15 deg hotter than the factory sensor in the head. I have seen 220 on my gauge and the computer should turn on the fan at 208 and it was not on. Just something to note...

On a oil temp gauge, I would just get the sending unit from TCP that kicks on the oil cooler fan at 175 and back off at 165, then there is really no need for another gauge. I have limited space for gauges since I have the outlander round IP.

·
Site Founder
7,894 Posts

·
Registered
1,319 Posts
I recommend a 0-80 psi oil gauge. If you get the 0-100 you will think your motor is losing pressure because it will barely register at idle, 12psi, 24psi at speed, 48psi at top speed. I'll probably end up with ann AEM digital oil pressure gauge.

BTW, I like my oil temp gauge. The water temp goes up first the the oil temp catches up. The water temp cools off sooner, followed by the oil temp. It's nice to see what your motor is doing.

·
Registered
227 Posts
Brian does the AEM 30-4100 gauge kit bosch O2 sensor thread into the rotax rhino muzzy duals existing bung? Tip looks real big..... looked it up both appear to have 18mm x 1.5 threads... Brian can you confirm?

AEM Wideband O2 UEGO Gauge - Monitor Air/Fuel Ratio with the Digital 30-4100 - Wideband O2 UEGO, Water/Methanol, Stand Alone Engine Management, Piggyback F/IC, Tru Boost Controller, Gauges, Automotive Performance Electronics

Anybody have any feedback on the innovative gauge? Stacey said he heard good things about these...

Innovate Motor Sports On-Line Store

·
Registered
227 Posts
This is how I would suggest not doing your gauges. Install them like you do not have any space left so future gauges have room. I have oil and coolant temp with fan switches for both. Trying to fit an AFR gauge in there now...

1 - 16 of 16 Posts