Yamaha Rhino Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
665 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
im takingmy wet clutch apart to see how it looks its the stock one from 05 anyways i got to thinking i dont really want to leave my rhino setting for a week with no oil waiting for a gasket if the wet clutch looks good. what is your guys in put on using gasket market on the wet clutch cover? no place i can find in town has the gaskets in stock they all about a week out.

·
Registered
395 Posts
get a new yamaha gasket....JBS can have you one in a couple days for like 10 bucks.....you only use gasket maker/ or make your own when the part is no where to be found and only option...you dont want a leak into belt area

·
Registered
395 Posts
if the rhino is idleing.....and you put it in gear....does the rhino move with the rpm...just off idle?....or does the engine have to rev i little before it moves?....if you need to rev a tinny bit...the wet is worn....check it first...clutch block pad surface and inner drum...and then order the parts from jbs and blocks from ebay and walt in baton rough 99 bucks...drum 200, seal and gasket, needle bearing like 30...and 1 way 55 and oil change

·
Registered
665 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
to me it feels like i got to give it more gas then i should to take off.. never drove a stock rhino or any rhino so i dont know forsure but here is some pics if youll can tell me anything thanks

·
Registered
395 Posts
your drum pik looks a little worn....the pic of the clutch block...i can see only half of it?....mine was down to metal for about 1" on the outer part....does yours have any metal showing on the surface?...if not you might be ok...or swap out the blocks for 99 on ebay from walt in baton rough...new 1 way wile in there?...55...new gasket...10...and oil and filter...should be good to go

·
Registered
665 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
got oil got filter put a new one way when i built the motor maybe 20-30 hours on the one way.. no steel showing but the clutch feels very hard and almost seems like it has been burnt or overheated its almost glaved like a car clutch would get

·
Registered
395 Posts
no metal showing?...looks like the drum wore more than the pads?

·
Registered
665 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
yes sir thats what im thinking altho i dont know what a new drum looks like but i dont remeber it being that bad when i put it togather and i sure dont think that a new drum was ploished marks in it?? thanks for taking the time to help man

no metal showing?...looks like the drum wore more than the pads?

·
Registered
395 Posts
i would guess...they are about 50%...not shot....but not new....thats a tuff one....if you have 350....get new stuff....if your house is being rpoed?...put back together...and live with it...when new its sweet...just touch the gas and it takes off...the new drum is 200...that little neddle bearing inside dont come out of old one...like 10....new seal and gasket 20...new clutch blocks 99....and you are new again

·
Registered
665 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
well the money aint that big of a deal but also dont want to spend that much and rip a new one in a short time. i seee some say its the tires some says its just wear some say that its from over working the rhino i just want be somewhat sure that after i spend the money i wll not have anything to worry about the 1st deep mud hole i hit and need to spin the tires or when i need to move a broke down car

·
Registered
395 Posts
thats how i think mine got burnt...the guy i got the rhino from braged how he pulled out his stuck dodge truck up a muddy hill behind his house....I think if your motor has good power ( 686)...has good tires..and you try and hold it back?...aka stuck real bad or towing heavy...the wet clutch is what slips and burns...thats the weak link...and after all new...remember that and dont let the motor rev...if the tires arnt turning at same rpm...and should last a long time

·
Registered
665 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
with the light weights im running and a org spring i can pull my race car or my gf broke down truck in and out of the shop but i would try to pull them out of the mud or snow just dont like pushing lol..i read alot of people slip the belt when they put alot of load on the motor and i have never got my belt to slip unless its wet.. the rhino dont seem to rev any higher trying to turn the tires in the mud or pulling a little trailer or moveing a car.. but if i go out in the yard and floor it.. it dont seem any stronger then give it say 1/4-1/2 throttle so that got me to thinking maybe the wet clutch dont like to grab hard fast but its not so bad that yet that its not drive able then again maybe im just dont understand how the rhinos work but it seems there is stock rhinos that will beat me out of the hole

·
Registered
665 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Got a question how much do the roller cover weigh im getting 13.5grams on my utv crap weights and 15.7 on my stock with no covers I see some say 2.5 so 15
7 + 2.5 is 18.2grams? Im having clutch nightmares lol

·
Registered
1,027 Posts
looks like theyve been changed out. now its taking alot of throttle to get the tires to move. i thought about this mod too until i had read a guy on here that hated it and had to change them right back.
its always good when someone else does the testing for you!

·
Registered
665 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
well when i posted this i did not think i would be spending as much as i did tonight. but when you learn what is right and what is wrong and what needs changed and what needs replaced you can half ass it to get by and fix it later or you can fix it right and ride

1 - 19 of 19 Posts