Yamaha Rhino Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,246 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Beside a water temp gauge, what other gauge would you want to run?

And with that being said, is there anything special about using an Autometer Ultralight water temp gauge?

·
Registered
30 Posts
I have a temp and batt. gauge.Imo i think thats all you need, temp being must important.

·
Life serves the risk taker
4,197 Posts
I've got fuel, battery, temp and oil pressure. Auto oil pressure gauges are 0-100 which is to high for our rides. It is nice to see something there though and know that the engine has oil pressure.

·
Registered
30 Posts
I've got fuel, battery, temp and oil pressure. Auto oil pressure gauges are 0-100 which is to high for our rides. It is nice to see something there though and know that the engine has oil pressure.
I think a oil gauge would be great too have.Where did you mount the sensor?

·
Life serves the risk taker
4,197 Posts
You can do it 2 ways. One way is to just put a T in the oil cooler lines running to the front of the rhino. The other way and the way I did it was to install it at the engine. I purchased a new banjo bolt at the engine oil pipes. The banjo bolt is hollow and used to transport the oil through different pipes external to the engine. I chose the banjo at pipe 2 to 3 transition but you can also use the banjo bolt at pipe 1 and 2 transition. Anyhow. I drill into the head of the bolt and tapped it to 1/8" pipe thread. I purchased the fittings from summit racimg and got a 1/8 to AN fitting. I bought the appropriate steel braided AN line. I bought another AN to pipe and plugged the electric sender in.

·
Registered
1,246 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I was a dumbass the other day and didn't have everything under my lid (not all there in the brain). SO I wasn't thinking on which gauges to get. DUhhhhh fuel and water temp!!! hahahaha.

·
Registered
2,278 Posts
Mine has these full sweep 2-1/16 electrics:

Gaffrig Marine coolant temp guage...love it...

Gaffrig Marine oil psi...actually using a 0-60 fuel psi gauge for best resolution...

Nordskogg digital voltmeter...non-marine...doing it over I would get the cheapest digital voltmeter summit racing sells...coulda go the exact same thing for 50% less...

Autometer Wideband AFR Gauge...works great...not needed with stock motor/carb if you know how to tune properly but indespensible for advanced tuning...

Also have the Trail Tech Vapor computer for programmable speedo, tach, coolant temp, ambient air temp, head temp...the head temp was educational but in the end unnecessary and I would not do the head temp again...way more trouble than it's worth...the trail tech can also be used for oil temp...but it too is more trouble than it's worth by far imo...

Mines 07 so it has fuel gauge...imo fuel gauge is rock bottom in importance if you know your vehicle...you can put a glow light next to the tank and see your fuel level through the crack...or in my case I always had great success in my 05 with no fuel gauge but had digi-dash and used trip meter as fuel gauge...the bottom line is it is super easy to lift the seat...better check your oil level while there regardless of what the psi guage says... ;)

I purchased the fittings from summit racimg and got a 1/8 to AN fitting. I bought the appropriate steel braided AN line. I bought another AN to pipe and plugged the electric sender in.
So that's it... :eek:

I was pissed when I got the sender for mine and found out it wouldn'g mount next to the head vertically like yours and even if it would the cvt exhaust would interfere... :indifferent:

Now I know how to adapt it... :biggrin:

·
Registered
1,599 Posts
wow i saw this thread and thought Wattier was back on the forums...haha

1 - 16 of 16 Posts