Yamaha Rhino Forum banner

41 - 43 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
on my alternator i use a 85 amp full size GM alternator , it w
eighs 10.8 oz , when i first did mine i made a plate out of 1/4 inch steel , and it weighs in at 5.lb 12 oz , so that 16 lbs bolted to the little housing and on that side of the motor because of the weight I didnt want to add that much weight to the motor overall , I made my alternator bracket that bolted to the frame and not the motor , i then machined me a simple fan belt Idler Pulley to keep the belt in the pulley's at full throttle.
Jake

·
Registered
120 Posts
Very well done,yes the idea of installing an automatic tensionner on the belt is good but not to strong .you will never used 85 amps anyway.I am thinking about a small 55 amps for my project,it is way enough
If i may suggest used "jamnut' for your alternator bolts .they will not slack under vibration

send us some other pictures,,,,,we all love pictures :)

gef
riviere-bleue,quebec

·
Registered
73 Posts
I machine my own mounts /brackets , my Idler uses double roller bearings , and my jam nuts you dont see as they are on the 3/8 J- Bolt that goes through the frame tower .
very solid , protected and secure , other than the heat from the exhaust in the lower area .

Jake

41 - 43 of 43 Posts