Yamaha Rhino Forum banner

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys I was wondering if anyone. Has put a full-size alternator in there rhino? Does anyone have the mounting plate they could trace or know of anyone that has a template that I could use I am going to make my own as I do not have the money to go and buy one from UTV Inc.if you have done it or know of anyone that has do you have pictures of it. are any special tools required?
Thanks
Ryan

·
Registered
3,650 Posts
Hey guys I was wondering if anyone. Has put a full-size alternator in there rhino? Does anyone have the mounting plate they could trace or know of anyone that has a template that I could use I am going to make my own as I do not have the money to go and buy one from UTV Inc.if you have done it or know of anyone that has do you have pictures of it. are any special tools required?
Thanks
Ryan
I do not have anything to help you there, but just wanted to point out that you need to specify what size alternator you want to use. "Full size" could be anything from a Kuboto yard tractor to a Peterbuilt semi truck. There are many physical sizes of alternators out there.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I am referring to an alterantor from a small tractor

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have one in my Rhino. Its mounted beside the passenger rear wheel and runs off a modified fly wheel on the motor. its a joke alternators and mud don't go well together. if you want ill take some pics and send to you. Mine had the belt off when i bought it and i never even tried to hook it back up. its just sitting in there until i rip it out

·
Registered
581 Posts
We used to offer a complete alternator kit, and it used a GM single wire type 85amp alternator... I think I might have a few of the brackets and pulleys left over somewhere...

Nate
Alba Racing

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
We used to offer a complete alternator kit, and it used a GM single wire type 85amp alternator... I think I might have a few of the brackets and pulleys left over somewhere...

Nate
Alba Racing
Could you let me know about pulleys and brackets and th price as I am not looking to spend too much

·
Registered
581 Posts
OK, so I have 4 brackets, 6 pulleys, and a hand full of the adjuster buckles.

$60 plus shipping for a bracket, pulley, and pair of adjusters like pictured. I also have the full parts list and instructions that I can email to anyone interested. Please do not PM me on here though. Please send me an email directly to: [email protected]

Nate
Alba Racing

Attachments

·
7,022 Posts
IS this front mount?

·
Registered
102 Posts
OK, so I have 4 brackets, 6 pulleys, and a hand full of the adjuster buckles.

$60 plus shipping for a bracket, pulley, and pair of adjusters like pictured. I also have the full parts list and instructions that I can email to anyone interested. Please do not PM me on here though. Please send me an email directly to: [email protected]

Nate
Alba Racing
That's a great deal Nate ! Priced to clear out !

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I emailed you nate

·
Banned
322 Posts
im running and older utv inc. kit I bought used with a bad alternator I found a kabota alternator at work that works great

·
Banned
322 Posts

Attachments

·
Banned
322 Posts
I think it was to blow air over the exhaust, it is not needed I took the fan off when I first got it if you ran through deep water with the fan on it would bog down the motor

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I emailed you Nate Just Letting you know I'd like to buy one ASAP

·
Premium Member
7,795 Posts
run a front mount whenever you can the rear mounts are too close to the tire and header and cook them selves apart,dont' buy a mini chinese alternator, have been through six of them, search for the Denso mini, they come on Kubota diesel tractors and are mostly one wire, buy denso!...

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Hey Nate can you email me the directions to my email @ [email protected] I can't wait to receiver it and btw what size belt again? Thanks Ryan

1 - 20 of 43 Posts