Yamaha Rhino Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
572 Posts
I think that will depend on the shop and whether or not they specialize in off-road vehicles. If you're mechanically inclined and you remove & re-install the engine yourself you will save yourself a lot. Also, does it need a full rebuild or just a top job (cylinder, piston, valves)? So many variables it's really hard to give you a good answer.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I think that will depend on the shop and whether or not they specialize in off-road vehicles. If you're mechanically inclined and you remove & re-install the engine yourself you will save yourself a lot. Also, does it need a full rebuild or just a top job (cylinder, piston, valves)? So many variables it's really hard to give you a good answer.
Thanks. It would for sure be a full rebuild top to bottom. Just stock parts. Just looking for a round about answer doesnt have to be dead on. Also would be a atv shop.

·
Premium Member
3,162 Posts
Nflow remans rhino motors my 700 was 2,500 they coverd shipping that was 2yrs ago still running like a top

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
572 Posts
So Brian, just to be clear, you did have to R&R your motor & ship it of for the o'haul? The price probably isn't too far off from what you paid but then there is always the "unknown" that could crop up and add to the cost. Just want Adam to understand all the potential variables.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Can someone tell me around how much would it be to have my 660 engine rebuilt at a shop?
So I recently just took mine into a shop and was quoted about $4500- $5000 to rebuild without any unforeseen problems. I am in California so I would probably have to say this would be a good reference for the high end. I ended up rebuilding myself and decided to just upgrade to a 686 cc. I am about half that price I was quoted. If you are mechanically able it is not that difficult to do just requires a good amount of time and space because there is a lot that needs to be removed but the manual is a must.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Thanks for the replies. Ive thought about doing it myself. I know i can but id pay for it with my bad back. Maybe i can talk my nephew into taking it out for me.
I recently rebuilt my 450 but was quoted $4,200 so I ended up doing it myself.
If you have your nephew remove the engine make sure he takes good pictures and my best word of advise is the very first thing to do is remove the roll cage. Roll cage removal will allow ease of access and removal of engine once everything is disassembled. For disassembly I found a PDF on line which was very helpful.
As to the breakdown of cost I found most of it was in the labor to remove and reinstall the engine, along with the dealer quoted about 3 times more for the parts. I bought a Wiseco top and bottom rebuild kit for around $600, then I bought other ancillary gaskets and stuff to the tune of about $200 for a total of $800.

Good Luck.

·
Premium Member
3,162 Posts
So Brian, just to be clear, you did have to R&R your motor & ship it of for the o'haul? The price probably isn't too far off from what you paid but then there is always the "unknown" that could crop up and add to the cost. Just want Adam to understand all the potential variables.
Yes i removed it and took it to fedx shipped it and they shipped it back to fedx i picked it up and reinstalled. I have seen pics of rods thru case they remanned it. I sent some upgraded parts with mine and they insalled those also no additional cost. If he calls nflow they will explain the process before hand

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Adam Schwegler
1 - 11 of 11 Posts