Yamaha Rhino Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looks like I need a fuel pump on my 06 660. I have just over 5000 miles and would like to know if I should go with a Yamaha pump or an after market one. Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
3,239 Posts
If you buy one of my high volume fuel delivery kits it will come with the mikuni high volume vacuum pump...

I offer it lots of ways and can sell you just the pump and adapter bracket if you prefer...

You can see what our customers say about our various fuel kits in our vendor section on this forum...

I will customize any kit to your specific budget and needs...

The stock pump is a good pump only problem with it really is sometimes the get too hot and quit...they all wear out eventually...

The high volume pump is a higher quality pump...pumps more gas than you really need tho...

Not sure what you can get a stock pump for but they are probably cost about the same...

pm me your email if you need help...

·
Registered
190 Posts
Mikuni Fuel Pump - Dual Outlet DF62-702 $43.61 Amazon.com and Weller Racing Replacement High Volume Fuel Line Kit - Rhino 660 for 19.95 or Mikuni OEM Fuel Pump Rebuild Kit - Yamaha Rhino 660 21.95 Need I say More??

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Fuel pump

No 88 that about says it all. Is the rebuild kit hard to install and do you have any tips . Thanks

·
Registered
1,118 Posts
We put one of Craig's kits on my buds 04 660...it was "eating" oe pumps...have not had a problem since!! He is very thorough, and will make sure you get what you need!!

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Just got off the phone with the Yamaha dealer where I got my Rhino. He said he called Yamaha and they do not show a rebuild kit but we are up here in Canada and if I could get a part # they might be able to source one.Does any one have a part # for the 06 660 fuel pump or a phone # of a dealer in the U.S. that I could contact to get a # .Thanks

·
Registered
3,239 Posts
We sell the high volume pump for $60 shipped and what the google master didn't tell you is that ours includes the hardware to mount it properly...brass connectors not plastic to properly adapt the 1/4 outputs to 5/16" for you and complete fuel delivery system with features not available anywhere else... as well as full tech support for all your fuel delivery and jetting needs...the others just give you some fuel line...two plastic connectors and some zip ties...and if you buy your pump from google/amazon they are not going to be there for you later...!

Not only that but they don't support the forum where you get all the help for free 24/7 either...and if members don't support the forum supporters there will be no forum...just google...

I get lots of customers coming to me when they get the pump from google wanting me to solve their problems that the people who sold them the pump for $3 less can't or won't give them...

So yes there is a lot more that can be said... :)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts