Yamaha Rhino Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok guys,, previous owner installed an electric fuel pump,, ran the fuel through the stock vacum pump ,,now it doesnt want to run ,, videos show going around the old pump but does not show what they do with the vacum line,, plug it ??

· Registered
256 Posts
The youtube videos I watched when I replaced my fuel pump with an electric plugged the vacuum so I plugged mine. I put my electric pump right where the stock pump was. It is a 2.4-4 psi pump. Be sure to keep the T and line that goes back to the tank. Even after rebuilding my carb, I had carb overflow issues so I added a regulator. My fuel pump was one of the Amazon specials that was $10. It was only $10, so I carry an extra in my box of goodies. It takes about 4 minutes to swap it out. I have been running the electric pump for a couple of years and am still on the first one. I think the carb is supposed to be 1.5psi. According to what I have seen on the internet, some people need the regulator and some people don't.

Here is how I ran the lines.

Line 1 - from tank to fuel filter. I used a shorter fuel line for this and have the fuel filter sitting in one of the recesses on the top of the fuel tank and is duct-taped to tank.
Line 2 - from filter to to fuel pump.
Line 3 - from fuel pump to T. T is sitting on the fuel tank.
Line 4 - from T back to tank.
Line 5 - from T to regulator. Regulator is sitting in one of the recesses on the top of the fuel tank. I wrapped the regulator in thin insulation and is duct-taped to the tank because it is metal I didn't want the metal regulator to be bouncing around and wear a hole in my tank. It may not be likely to wear a hole, but I didn't want to be trying to walk 3-7 miles back to camp in 15-30 degree weather in the dark.
Line 6 - from regulator to carb.

This means that I have several lines running from the tank area to the fuel pump location and back to the tank. Even though this means that I have longer fuel lines, its much easier to work on. Be sure that your lines all go between the frame bar and the tank and NOT over the frame bar where the seat will pinch and/or cut them. Don't ask how I know to do this.

This looks exactly like the regulator that I have other than the brand name. The one I ordered is currently not available:

Here is the fuel pump that I used:

Sorry for the book, but I wanted to make it as clear as I could.

· Registered
256 Posts
I use these pumps. They are reliable 2-3.5psi and do not require a regulator.

MrGasket 42S
Good to see that you can now get these again. When I was doing mine, Everywhere that I could find had that pump on back order. That's why I had to go with the other pump and a regulator. I might redo mine this summer.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts