Yamaha Rhino Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know how to get the fuel gauge in the digital dash to work like in the new SE. If you look at you dash you can see all the way on the left side the fuel gauge. ???????
Thanks,
Craig

·
Registered
1,599 Posts
on a 06 or 07?

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have an 06, but you can see the fuel gauge on the digital dash on the far right. I know the 07 SE has it. I wonder if we can just get a sending unit but where are the wires to make the connections? Do any of the 04-06 SE or any utilized the fuel gauge?

Bow

·
Registered
1,599 Posts
i have an 06 and was wondering the same thing...

·
Registered
212 Posts
I've seen this topic posted a couple other places ae well. if i remember right someone was working a wiring harness for it? i'll see if i can find the thread.

·
Registered
1,960 Posts
I've seen this topic posted a couple other places ae well. if i remember right someone was working a wiring harness for it? i'll see if i can find the thread.
This has been on quite a few other forums and I think it's pretty much a lost cause.

·
Registered
98 Posts
I had my dealer ask Yamaha about this. Have gotten several different answers.

So far we have heard that you need a new CDI, wiring harness, sending unit, and possibly a different tank......and then it still won't work.

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I would say that someone with a 07 that has the fuel gauge needs to take some pics and follow the wiring harness and take more pics all the way to the the dash. If they had this built in before it is probably in the harness, we just need to find it and get a sending unit (wishfull thinking).

·
Registered
100 Posts
thats strange my brother in-law has the same problem with his dash. My 07 works just fine. If i get a chance tomorrow i will look at it the wiring harness..

·
Registered
226 Posts
If it were up to me I would not waste the time or money putting in the gauge. I have an '07 and the gas gauge in it is way less than accurate and I have heard this on other forums as well. Just my 2 cents.:haha:

·
Registered
139 Posts
Been there tried this awhile ago. Gave up because you would have to re-wire the harness. Not worth the time or the headache. Just put in a new guage in the instrument panel with a sending unit. Much faster and less of a headache.

·
Registered
1,960 Posts
A seperate gas gauge is the way to go.

·
Registered
997 Posts
Ooooooooooooohhhhhhh! I figured it out!!!!!! Just buy an 07 Rhino, take out the wires and dash and tank, and swap it into your rhino, and I'll take the remains of the 07! Let me know! I'll send a trailer right away!

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I think I'll just keep lookin under the seat.......................

·
Registered
1,599 Posts
Ooooooooooooohhhhhhh! I figured it out!!!!!! Just buy an 07 Rhino, take out the wires and dash and tank, and swap it into your rhino, and I'll take the remains of the 07! Let me know! I'll send a trailer right away!
i'll buy an 07 and trade you for your race rhino:drive:

1 - 20 of 20 Posts