Yamaha Rhino Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After my ride yesterday I noticed that my right steer tire is toed out (I guess from the occasional tree or rock). I was wondering why my rhino was skating around on the trails and the toe will make it do that. Is the front end alignment on our rhinos like a car where it needs to be slightly toed in?

I checked the wheel bearing an steering to make sure there wasn't anything loose. When I moved the right tire the left an steering wheel moved at exactly the same time.

·
Registered
980 Posts
You can line it up and just eye it and be fine.. Just break the jam nut loose and give the tie road a few turns witchever way it needs to go... I just pretty much eyeball mines and try to have them pretty much straight..

·
Banned
833 Posts
After my ride yesterday I noticed that my right steer tire is toed out (I guess from the occasional tree or rock). I was wondering why my rhino was skating around on the trails and the toe will make it do that. Is the front end alignment on our rhinos like a car where it needs to be slightly toed in?

I checked the wheel bearing an steering to make sure there wasn't anything loose. When I moved the right tire the left an steering wheel moved at exactly the same time.
usually bends the spindle where the tierod connects

·
Registered
1,378 Posts
So what's everyone running for alignment?
Toe-in.........Straight.............or Toe-out?

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Question here...I talked with wvhotrodrhino an he recommended the a set of cognito HD spindles. I will get them sometime but for know I was wondering if anybody had put gussets on the arm up to the tie rod? I have seen some post from back in '08 but nothing here rescent. I have the a welder an the steel. Will this work til I can get my cognito spindles?

·
Registered
319 Posts
I didn't know if I had toe-in, toe-out, or camel-toe.

I did follow Mr. Rod's video and at least I understand it now !

If it steers straight it must be okay ! Right ? :fingersx:

·
Registered
1,367 Posts
Yep spindle is probably bent where the tie rod connects. It can be heated and bent back Once... or twice.. It should be parallel to the ball joints. Sure You can gusset them.

You can reset the tow with lightly bent spindles for short term. although it may loose some steering radius, it's better than unsynchronized steering going straight ahead.

·
Registered
1,194 Posts
On the question of toe-in, I set my my Rhino wheels at 0 toe-in/out by lining the front tires straight back off the rear tires. Your steering wheel will be exactly centered if you line up the marks on the steering box first. Driving the Rhino on paved roads with zero toe settings at 55 mph it feels solid on the road.
P.S. You need to have your tire pressures exactly the same or the steering wheel will be off center to compensate for different tire pressures.

·
Registered
171 Posts
My lift I just installed seemed to alter my alignement. I use a tape measure and got from center tread to center tread front and rear untill they match. I eyeball it and adjust then measure. I do my vw's the same way. I lock the steeering wheel straight with a bunggie or strap. 1st time I used than method on my rhino but works perfect on vw's.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts