Yamaha Rhino Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Everyone,

So I have been reading about being able to slide the front diff forward to drop out the drive shaft. I have a couple questions and please forgive them for being amateur

1) When I move the front diff and put it back in place, do you have to align it, or does its mounts only let it go in one place

2) when you remove the drive shaft from the engine side, is there anything you have to watch for/ re align other than the u joints to each other?

Basically I am wondering if there are any little alignment things are "watch outs" to look for prior to me pulling this apart and going "uh ohhh"

Thanks!

·
Registered
292 Posts
The front diff will only go in one way you will have to line the U-joints uo on the shaft i would make mark the shaft to the joints before you take it apart

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks guys so its not like i have to align the front diff to the engine or anything like that, or have to watch for little pieces that may fall out

·
Registered
272 Posts
If you have a winch, you might need to remove it, depending on the mount and type of winch. Mine is a 4000lb Viper on the factory Yamaha mount, and I had to take it out in order to move the diff far enough forward. Then just be carefull not to lose the spring between the engine output and the shaft. When you put it back together, line up the U-joints at both ends of the shaft to avoid any unnecessary vibrations later on.

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts