1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
Site Founder
7,894 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
1,599 Posts
show me a pic of where they need to be welded at and i should be able to hook you up with some welds

·
Life serves the risk taker
4,197 Posts
I'm interested in this too and thanks for letting us know John or Nick (Rhinocrap). I've been interested for a while and I just saw my first arm tearing out this weekend. I also installed suspension this weekend and saw first hand how weak the mount steel is.

·
Life serves the risk taker
4,197 Posts
How do you tell or are you talking about severe? The reason I ask is one of my front tires was toed out bad and I had to really crank the adjuster to get it bach. It could be bent.

·
Registered
297 Posts

gusset your frame before that happens. I think jaggedx sells a gusset kit. I think that pretty much any rhino fab should can do it for you

·
Registered
997 Posts
I can't wait to post my pics. Tomorrow or tuesday I will have pics up! All laser cut and press breaked. Good stuff! Maybe some of you shop guys may be interested. Will have optional channel box metal and spindle gussets as well!

·
Registered
2,495 Posts
Man everyone is panicking around here. :haha: I will be obtaining a kit and installing it next week.

·
Registered
2,495 Posts
What is the price on that kit Greg?

·
Registered
1,846 Posts
well.. i can't say for sure yet, because its not totally finished. I am guessing the weld on parts will be some where in the neighbor hood of $100-$200 for 4130 laser cut parts. There is a boat load of gussets in the kit. We are also doing the front and rear diff/gusset plates which go for $120 ea. powdercoated. We also have a spindle gusset kit, but we are going to require you send us your spindles for us to weld, because of the special process to properly weld them to cast steel.

The spindle gusset kit is still a few weeks out from being finished, but the main gusset kit should be done by the end of this week.

Greg

·
Registered
997 Posts
Our kit to reinforce chassis is very similar to Fabtech's in a sense that it covers all the bases except for our front and rear diff brackets are a few weeks out as well due to the fact that I haven't even drawn up the design yet! lol, but rear is done as well, but I will also offer some options so you only have to buy what you want to and not a few hundred dollars worth of kit if you don't need it all, so our kit will break up into 5 small kits. We have had great results with customers welding on their own spindle gussets, so we can sell them, and you can have a local experienced welder get in their and do the job (as long as they really know how to weld), but we do offer it as a service as well, but we have had some great results as well welding without even removing the bearings. We blow the spindle down with air after each weld to cool it to not affect the bearings any. It's just a support, so a minimal amount of welding on it will be sufficient due to the fact that it is just assisting to reinforce original integrity. Just a small weld bead around the gusset won't allow knuckle to move. We recomend you remove just the rubber seals on outsides of bearings. Our chassis kit retails for $75, and the spindle gussets are 3/8" laser and retail for $32 for the pair. We are working on a price for out dimple dyed channel box kit and rear diff bracket to give as fair of a price as possible. I will post pics within a day or so....

·
Registered
122 Posts
UTV Powersports has bolt-on rear gusset frame supports... great option for the do-it-yourselfer that hasn't had the time for the full weld in kit...

I installed mine in under 40 minutes with no complications and they work great as a intermediary step before I get the right weld in kit, which from what it sounds like isn't decided yet...

·
Registered
122 Posts
onebuilder, I'll take some shots this afternoon when i get home... i've also got a great weekend story from Pismo, so I'll have lots of new things going up this afternoon...

1 - 20 of 49 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.