Yamaha Rhino Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am swapping my good used 450 for a 660, so I will have a complete 450 and trans for sale. I am willing to part it out, if I get enough interest in a few of the "big pieces". It has about 901 miles and 149 miles. I say "about" because when I bought it new it did not have the digital dash. I ordered the dash when I bought the rhino, but made one ride before installing it. the hours are also higher than what is actual, because my Rhino has been the camp stereo for the last few years and has been adding hours while playing music and not actually running.

I will have the complete engine, the digital dash, complete exhaust. I am willing to ship if you pay for the shipping and whatever is needed to package what you buy. I am also willing to consider trades.

The engine is still in the rhino, I hope to have it pulled out tonight or at least by Sunday. View attachment 27374 Auto part Engine Vehicle Car Automotive engine part

I can be reached at 505-787-1400

$1200 for everything plus shipping

·
Registered
94 Posts
how much would you want for the just the motor? are you wiling to part it out?

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I am willing to part it out. When you say engine, are you talking just the engine, no carb, no exhaust, no trans, just the "long block"?

Anybody ever just sell a transmission? Would it be worth it to swap the 450 trans onto my or anybody elses 660 for the lower gear ratio?

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
So looking at the engines side by side, they are very different...so I guess that means non swapping the trans out for one off a 450. I don't really know where then engine stops and the transmission starts. Here's a pic of the 450.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Attachments

·
Registered
94 Posts
hope by friday this motor is mine. thanks for workin with me blackbird

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
No problem. Hope it's yours too. It's ready to ship just let me know when you get things worked out.

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
SOLD! SOLD! SOLD!

Thanks Adam. I will ship it out tomorrow.

·
Registered
94 Posts
your welcome. and thanks again..
if black bird has anything else to sale buy from him. he is a great guy to deal with.

·
Registered
94 Posts
do you remember wat size of wrench it took to get that drive shift u-joint off?

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I haven't quite figured out what dash I'm going to use, but I think I'm going to use the 2006 dash. I'm pretty sure I only have one small difference in the two engine harnesses that should be pretty easy to overcome.

I will have the 2007 dash and partial harness available. It will have the dash harness plugs on it if you want to try to convert your harness. I saw one like that for sale as well but it looked like he was providing the entire harness. I will know more on Saturday.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts