1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
297 Posts
sick video, that guy sure rolled in the begining

·
Registered
997 Posts
oh! I just posted a link to this vid as well, and didn't realize it was on here! That coulda been me or one of my friends flippin. That was the race I was supposed to be in today, but due to circumstance I couldn't make it today. I think I'm going to practice there tuesday. I hope the practice track is comperable to the race track (as for jumps). I am ready to try out some variables (preload adj/ new spindles/ adj toe (alignment)/ air fuel ratio. Just wanna open my throttle up wide open!!!! It's been a while!

·
Registered
1,960 Posts
That footage is awesome...I like that the camera is actually mounted, so it's not all over the place. Great vid!

·
Registered
98 Posts
I had seen that vid before. Pretty cool to see things from that angle. I especially like the mirror angles. Nice bonus.

The vid raised a couple of questions for me. I race XC and MX a lot. I haven't ever seen a Rhino race in person so I don't the rules or anything. Hence my stupidity.

1) Noticed the driver not wearing gloves. May be a personal choice. Thought it odd though. Maybe the driver could comment if they see this post?

2) Why did some have passengers and others didn't? Are there any rules regulating this? Probably not since they had one. Why would someone desire having a passenger to begin with if they didn't have to have one? Are there any further safety issues that go along with a passenger either? I did see the driver comment on another thread that one of the Rhinos he passed with two people in it was his son.

Sorry about the twenty questions.

Buck

·
Registered
997 Posts
1> I do not recommend racing with a passenger for the weight and the danger of hurting 2 people real bad! I've seen it happen at that track! Destroyed a rhino cage..... 2> Podium races are not as formal as you would you think. You coud get away w/ bending the rules a lil.....

·
Registered
997 Posts
OK, so rumor has it that HRT's 686 is not a 686 after all... Supposedly it's an 800cc motor. ACI Brian talked about that 800cc motor he was building a while ago for someone, and all of a sudden HRT's car hauls ass, and swears that its just a 686. How would we know if it isn't? Race legal anyway. If thats the case, then I am running a stock motor guys!!! BONE STOCK!!! I see how that would be good to advertise it as smaller than it really is. All of a sudden, no one hears about that 800cc motor that ACI built. Another thing is that the Flying Banana smells like some insane race gas that would be overkill for even a pretty high compression 686......

So I could be totally wrong, and I now have a super fast and lucky STOCK MOTOR in my rhino as far as ya'll are concerned, but who knows??? If I cracked the case, I hope I didn't blow your guys' at HRT's cover, just had to share the rumor.....

·
Registered
1,599 Posts
did a little rhino stop by your shop and tell you that? hehe

·
Registered
997 Posts
No doubt for a sec about his skills, he rips!!!! And the car is bad ass!!!! Just cam across in a convo that Bri was building this huge motor. Where did the motor go??? Went to area 51 after that. I can't even confirm that its true, but that was someone else's guess as well. For the longest time I thought I knew that it was a crazy 800cc motor, which is what Chad runs in Jeff's car as well, (correct me if I'm wong), and they are neck to neck. Same guy built both motors too... I was broken the news that it is 686, and I was like, nah, I thought it was a............ then now someone else thinks and thought it was an 880 as well, so now I'm lost!!!! Cuz that thing is awesome. Hope my stock motor does well on Sunday at the track!!!! see ya'll there!

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
LOL!!
It's funny when people are getting beat they have to make excuses...
HRT won their first 3 races at Elsinore on a stock motor. All it had was a CDI and Exhaust and the only reason it had aftermarket exhaust was because the stock one wouldn't clear his cage.
If you go back to some of my old videos you can see how HRT did at the start against the 686's and 760 Alba stroker motor that Chad is running. They would all pull on him and he would start in the middle of the pack and have to work his way back up. Now with his 686 kit he's usually up just behind Chad on the starts.
Why is he winning?
1. Excellent Driver
2. Great Suspension and Car Setup
3. Motor (Which is only a 686 kit from ACI and includes clutch and sheave)
Look what Chad George did with a stock Rhino. The biggest advantage is driving skills.
If you knew Todd (HRT) then you would know he's not the type to lie about his motor.

·
Registered
997 Posts
cocky!! Don't care if he beats me. I am in not in comeptition with anyone. That rhino pulls on Chad's 760 built by the same company. I agree he is the the Super Hero of racing and your hero by the sounds of it! but I was just stating what I keep hearing more and more people agree on. Wasn't my initial thought, just speaking out on a thought, which makes for great entertainment on here. Keep you on your toes! lol... but anyway, in a straight line (no skill needed), that thing will rip up a 760 is all I'm saying....

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Cocky?
I think it's funny. The "Rumor Mill" that is. My "making excuses" comment wasn't directed at you since you supposedly heard the rumor from someone else.
Chad's motor was built by Alba.
HRT's motor was built by ACI.
If ACI had an 800 kit that they were trying to sell and it was in a winning race Rhino wouldn't they want everyone to know about it?
People at HRT's first race were saying that Todd was shifting his Rhino. Then it was he's winning because he's running bypass shocks. Now I guess it's because he's got an 800cc stroker motor that is killing the competition...
Now that's all entertainment!!!

·
Registered
997 Posts
LMFAO!!! HAHAHAA! No one here on my side of the computer is making any excuses of why he is winning. I guessed you missed that in my last couple posts. He is the best driver in the world! I understand that buddy! So wether he does or doesn't have a stroker motor, maybe its his stroker friend that keeps him winning! lol. Hey I'm just messing with ya to begin with, cuz you should know by now that I am not making any excuses for his winning. He's obviously the better driver than anyone losing to him. Hey, I bet you he'll woop your ass if he drove that wider than long thing in your avatar, and you drove an 800cc stroker motor rhino..... He'd still win with both hands tied behind his back. So anyway, I don't care that much, just what some folks are thinking. Maybe its just a 50:1 compression big bore kit! lol. kidding. OK, off to the next rumor!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
997 Posts
OK, so I believe you now for reals about the 686. Rhino is not as fast as I thought. Went out to the races today, and talked to Todd for a minute or 2. I guessed he finay went to a single shock. Well, his performance out there was cut in half!!!!!!! He got smoked by my buddy Wally (who went to have a few beers and a good time) and that he did!!!! wally was wasted by the last race, and he took 2nd place!!! Todd was in 3rd I believe TODD WAS A REAL COOL GUY WHEN I WAS TALKING TO HIM.... REAL NICE DUDE, GREAT DRIVER AND ALL, but after seeing him race today, I'll tell you, he's no super hero! He raced ok today, but like I said, my new buzzed buddy (dude was parked next to me at the track), would not let Todd pass him to save his life! And Wally just has a stock, yeah you heard me!!! STOCK motor, and he was hucking 3x as hard as that Funco kid ever has, which Chad was doing pretty good too with his made over rhino! Funco hooked it up for him! Still has stock arms to keep him in his class though.... The flying banana is awesome and all, but without those dual shocks, its not as invincible as it used to be! I've got great video and pics of todays races! I'll post some for ya here in the next few min.... I'll start a new thread! LOOK IN THE SHORT COURSE AREA FOR PICS

1 - 20 of 24 Posts