Yamaha Rhino Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
419 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Although it's too late, my wife ran a very large stump through her floorboard today. Pretty impressive actually, ran through so far it pushed up her brake so much you couldn't push it down. So now we have to buy a new floorboard so might as well protect it. What do you guys recommend? Underbody protection or on top of floorboard protection? It's nice to be able to tell her (once again) I wish you'd take better care of your stuff.

·
Registered
640 Posts
we don't have any undercarriage protection yet... we are checking into under the rig~ rather than on top of the floorboards... I take it that your wife is OK?? I will be checking to see what suggestions you get

·
Registered
740 Posts
I put a stick through my pass side floor board. punched a hole the size of my fist. Im a fan of under the floor protection, it looks like it would offer more stability.

·
Registered
852 Posts
i put the aluminum floor mats on the inside. no holes after that. the part you need looks like its pretty cheap. looks like it may be a pain in the ass to change. thats a good reason to put the aluminum floor boards in thore $75.

·
Registered
178 Posts
i have the Hunterworks ones and they are very nice and heavy duty. cant go wrong with them. other ones on ebay and such arent near as thick and dont cover as much either. get what u pay for

·
Registered
13 Posts
I had the same thing happen, check ebay, you can get the same type as hunterworks is selling for half the price, that is what i did.

·
Registered
419 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks for your replies. I like how far up and under the Hunterworks protectors are so I'll probably go with those. Don't need to replace it until the 4th of July so I'll keep an eye out for ebay also.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I got the floorboard protectors from ebay.The diamond plate aluminum are about $110, and black powdercoat are $159.I went with the powdercoated, but if I had it to do over I would buy the silver and spray them with 3m undercoater.I wouldn't ride my rhino too much without these protectors.

·
Registered
408 Posts
The ones I put on protect the wheel well and goes on back under the floor boards; works really well and I am sure has kept me from getting any holes with the stuff I have run over.

·
Registered
3,487 Posts
Who else carries these besides Hunterworks and E-Bay ?

·
Registered
20 Posts
I was running through the creek tonight and ramed a steel bar about 4 in round about 3 ft long through the floor,it pushed my foot up off the gas,what the heck,yea it was after dark.look like the part is 45 bucks,not 2 bad

·
Registered
148 Posts
One of my relatives had a stick come in through the passenger side and it nearly speared the back of the seat. Good thing nobody was sitting in it. Another guy in our area had a rock break through the floorboard. It was the size of a football. I have alloy protection on mine. I also have an alloy bash plate comming because the front one dosen't last very long.

·
Registered
44 Posts
I have a 2007 450 and I am having trouble finding floor board protection. Can someone please post a link of a current item that will fit? I can find them for 2009 and above but not my '07. Thanks in advance to anyone who helps.

·
Super Lead Moderator
3,809 Posts
I went to Lowe's and bought some heavy metal plate (or diamond plate), bolted the top where the dash meets the wheel well then formed it around the curve and to the back of the floorboard and bolted it.

·
Premium Member
3,151 Posts
Nice

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 19 of 19 Posts