Yamaha Rhino Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i was wondering if anyone else has had this problem and what they did to fix it.

i have a mikuni flat slide carb. and a BRP electric fuel pump the problem im having is the pump is over running the float and gas is running out of the over flow. i tryed rebuiding the carb but no luck

the carb works great with the OEM pump

if anyone could help with my problem it would be great

·
Registered
3,698 Posts
The MIKUNI comes set up for gravity feed fuel pressure. They have a needle and seat that are made specifically for fuel pump applications, but even then you need a return line. It's still only good for 2psi with the smaller needle and seat. I'm pretty sure it's a 2.3 needle and seat set.

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thanks for the info that helped alot i just wonder what its doing at WOT the OEM pump puts out about 5psi

·
Registered
3,698 Posts
The oem pump might produce 5psi if you block the return, but having the return to the fuel tank makes the pressure no more than gravity feed would be on a standard motorcycle tank.

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
i put a fuel pressure gauge in line and thats what it was reading at WOT. so do you think the high out put oem style pump do the same thing to the carb

·
Registered
1,276 Posts
why not just put a needle and seat set up for a elect pump???

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
i put a return line in and the pressure to the carb is still about 3psi so i think im screwed either way with that electric pump

·
Registered
52 Posts
So I had a similar problem on one of my yamaha dirt bikes. I had to rebuild my float in the carb. I tried everything and that was issue. The bike would run but when i would sit and Idle it would spill out from the over flow tube.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts