Yamaha Rhino Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all,

Time to fix my 2004 660 Rhino again. :D

If anyone has any part recommendations I would really appreciate it. If stock is best I will do that too!

Looks like I now need...

1) Front Brakes. Right front disk, brake pads, right caliper bracket, and right dust cover/stick blocker/ventilated thingy. :) Is it best to get stock parts, or are there some good after market units recommended?

2) Rear disc and pads. Again, stock or aftermarket?

3) New belt. Stock or aftermarket?

4) New clutch (not yet certain this is needed, but I figured it may well be and since it has never been changed it might be a good time to do it now?) Aftermarket or stock?

5) Alternator system. The stock set up isn't running my lights, sounds and winch when the going really gets tough.

6) Anything else I should do while it is apart and being worked on?

If anyone has any recommendations where I can buy any (or all) of the above from a vendor I would appreciate it. (I'm in NJ if it matters any).

Thank you very much for any help.

Simon

·
Registered
561 Posts
Get ahold of James! Hes the man with the plan!

·
Registered
5,892 Posts
Hello all,

Time to fix my 2004 660 Rhino again. :D

If anyone has any part recommendations I would really appreciate it. If stock is best I will do that too!

Looks like I now need...

1) Front Brakes. Right front disk, brake pads, right caliper bracket, and right dust cover/stick blocker/ventilated thingy. :) Is it best to get stock parts, or are there some good after market units recommended?

2) Rear disc and pads. Again, stock or aftermarket?

3) New belt. Stock or aftermarket?

4) New clutch (not yet certain this is needed, but I figured it may well be and since it has never been changed it might be a good time to do it now?) Aftermarket or stock?

5) Alternator system. The stock set up isn't running my lights, sounds and winch when the going really gets tough.

6) Anything else I should do while it is apart and being worked on?

If anyone has any recommendations where I can buy any (or all) of the above from a vendor I would appreciate it. (I'm in NJ if it matters any).

Thank you very much for any help.

Simon
sound like everything you mentioned would be best to go stock. besides the alternator of course. I would call James he has great prices and good customer service. wouldn't hurt to pick up one of his sheaves also :)

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
wouldn't hurt to pick up one of his sheaves also :)
I added that to the list. Can't wait to try it out. More bottom end is what sold me, but more bottom and top end! Who could resist. :D

give me a call and i'll get you fixed up
It was a pleasure talking to you and your team today and I can't wait to get the parts and have my Rhino up and running again. :) :banana:

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
James, I got the inner sheave yesterday thanks, and she is starting to get put back together today. :)

Any idea when the brake parts will follow?

Thanks

·
Registered
665 Posts
you know you could spend sometime READING and you might/WILL just find what you want to know?? the things you asked is asked almost every day!! ya im a ass people dont like me o well i dont like people

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
you know you could spend sometime READING and you might/WILL just find what you want to know?? the things you asked is asked almost every day!! ya im a ass people dont like me o well i dont like people
Merry Christmas to you too. :D :banana:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts