Yamaha Rhino Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
What are the first two up grades a person can do to improve his rhinos performance ? I have an 09 700 fi that is stock and would realy like to run faster than 39 mph !!!!

·
Registered
561 Posts
Easy, Hot rod sheave from Jbs in the vendor section. Awesome low end and change your rev limiter to 50. AFTER that if you still want to spend more and go a little faster then check into the MSD cdi It takes the rev limiter away and youll see a little more. You wont regret it, but you will if you buy a competitors sheave!

·
Registered
647 Posts
Craig at RuttingRhino sells all the stuff you'll 'need'. :)

JBS Sheave and OD greaseless weights
Orange Secondary Spring
MSD 'Charge' piggyback CDI

If you start with that, you'll be golden.

Next, I'd go...

Air Intake (RR again)
Full exhaust (Muzzys or Ron Wood)
11-1 piston
Port/Polish head
Stage II cam
Suspension
Better tires
Intercom...

The list is never ending! Welcome to the addiction! :)

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
The hotrod shim will be my first mod , then how do I change my rev limiter to 50 ? would i gain much more buy getting a MSD

·
Registered
581 Posts
The hotrod shim will be my first mod , then how do I change my rev limiter to 50 ? would i gain much more buy getting a MSD
An MSD is the correct answer. Not only can you get the additonal MPH, but you can also make changes in A/F and timing sown the road when you add more mods.

Nate
Alba Racing

·
Registered
1,118 Posts
Jame's sheave ALONE will get you to 48-50; and, the msd will take away the rev-limiter. Have both on mine, and I can get 54 on the level...you may get more...my ride is heavy (1600+lbs). I would also do a gold spring in the secondary.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Im still curious about the pryor advice about ( changing rev limiter to 50 ) how can this be done or what did it mean ?

·
Registered
581 Posts
Im still curious about the pryor advice about ( changing rev limiter to 50 ) how can this be done or what did it mean ?
The only way to increase your rev-limiter is to change your CDI to an aftermarket unit of some sort. The speed of your rhino is governed by the diameters of your clutches and the maximum RPM of the motor. By changing your CDI to an aftermarket unit with a higher rev-limit your rhino gains MPH. Hope that helps ya.

Nate
Alba Racing

·
Registered
3,487 Posts
Safety harness First, then sheave, msd ecu, air filter, exhaust then cam.

·
Registered
1,118 Posts
The sheave will get you to 50...the msd DOES do away w/the rev limiter...you'll gain 4-5mph on the level (a little more on a down hill). On a stock bike, you're not gonna notice the msd (other than the limiter being gone) as much as you will the sheave!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts