Yamaha Rhino Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking to help a buddy purchase his first Rhino. Looking for either a used Rhino or perhaps new if a good deal. Im curious what kind of ballpark price would be a good deal from a dealer on 2011 or 2012 models. Can you get stock 700 Rhinos for under 10k new? Most dealers around here are 10,800-11,500 depending on color. If anyone close to WI has a used one for sale, lmk. Only requirement is it has to be EFI. Its really hard to find any used Rhinos for sale in WI, either people dont ever get rid of them, or they dont own them.

Thanks for any other tips on first Rhino purchase

·
Registered
561 Posts
I found my rhino on CL, it was 400 miles away from where i live, it was a good deal and was worth the travel. You might have to be willing to travel if you want to find a good used one with some extras for a good deal. Just my .02.

·
Registered
252 Posts
I bought my 2011 Yamaha Rhino 700 brand new at the end of August 2010 for $10,300. Last one at the dealer, got there just in time as I was waiting they sold 2 others so I got the last one. You can find used ones online for $4,000 and higher, but then your at a guessing game as to what the previous owner(s) may have done to the machine as far as wrecks, neglect etc. Personally I would rather buy a new machine spend a bit more money and get something that I know hasn't been abused and is awaiting some gullible new owner to come along and purchase something that's about to blow up. I've had my rhino for a bit over a year now and I've racked up 954 miles on it already. They're fun to drive, comfortable, and amazingly pretty capable for the size of machine.

The price has gone up on them since I purchased mine, but if you plan on running around offroad, on trails, using it for utility purposes, etc. you can't go wrong with a Rhino. The Rhino has the most capable 4WD system on the market giving you instant 4WD or 4WD with the front differential locked. (The rear differential is always locked, the only downfall of the rhino for utility purposes).

1 - 4 of 4 Posts