Yamaha Rhino Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Have a few questions about my Rhino, its an 08 450. I cleaned the carb, replaced the pluger/spring and new choke cable as it didn't have that when i bought it. other then that that is all ive done to the engine. I did use JB Weld extreme heat paste to fill in some holes on the exhaust pipe. Anyway to my questions. I went to our hunting camp last week on thursday, it was in the upper 70's that day. Well me and my uncle went for about a 15 mile ride through the conservation gravel road and some state highway. Came back shut it off then about 25 mins later hopped on it to take the load of wood we put in it to the front door of our cabin. It had a hard time then died and couldn't get it restarted till later that night and it was fine, was 35 degrees or colder all weekend and ran fine all weekend so what could that be? My other question i noticed a few days ago when i shut it off i heard a small blow or something like gas still in it when i shut it off, hard to explain its not a pop and isn't that loud. but i noticed it! so advice would be great thanks!

·
Registered
893 Posts
Check that your gas cap is venting properly. There are a multitude of posts on here for the 660 needing a fuel "plunger" (like outboards use) to prime the fuel to the carb. Not sure if this scenario is same for the 450 but worth looking into. The plungers can be found on Amazon - trick is to mount it somewhere outside of the doghouse for easy access. Also check YouTube for procedures...

1 - 2 of 2 Posts