Yamaha Rhino Forum banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
FS: Walker Evan's 18" Shocks (wer), $750 OBO

Hi Guys, I picked up a set (4) waker evan's shocks that I was going to use on my mid-travel set up (they were used on a 4" mid travel), and now can't decide if I should use them, or sell / trade them for stock length shocks.

These are 18" for eye to eye, and have the 12" springs on them. I was told (bought from a friend of a friend) that they are sprung and valved for a 4 seater.

Let me know what shocks you guys might have around that would be worth trading for these for my mid travel, otherwise I'll just run them.

They are in great shape, I know he put them on for only a few rides, then removed them when he sold his rhino. They really do look great.

I'm in Phoenix, AZ

Here's a pic:

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
What's fair?

I've seen them at about $1000, but am open to offers? My zip is 85085 is you need them shipped, and want to look at postage. My guess is it's about $50 almost anywhere in the cont. us?

·
Registered
2,617 Posts
Are these for a mid travel or long travel? My stock ressi shocks only messure about 15 and 3/4 eye to eye.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
These are 18" so I believe that means they are technicly for long travel; the guy I got them from had them on a 4" mid travel. I have a 3" mid travel, and it does appear they will bolt up, I put the back passenger one on and it fit (I had to compress it about an 8th of an inch to get the bolts to line up). On the ground it looked fine?

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I think they'd be to long (18"), and they have the 3" springs, so they are probably to big for a stock suspension.

·
Registered
194 Posts
I will say that whoever buys these should send them to walker evans for a rebuild and upgrade!!! Mine were about 2 years old on my 4 seater, sprung for a 4 seater of course, I went to mid-travel and they wanted to bottom out very easily. I sent them in for a rebuild with the new upgrades and I can beat them hard without bottoming out. So I would do a little bit of research to know what they are set up for and when they were purchased. If you need to upgrade them, I would offer a little less cash to offset the upgrade price!!

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Thanks, these literally are like new. I still have the original bubble wrap they shipped in, and they are the upgraded versions, with both the new 3" diameter / 12" long coils, as well as the upgraded billet hardware. You won't find a better price on shocks like this; look online and check the prices.

I can take other pics to show the condition if people want.

·
Registered
194 Posts
Someone should pick these up!!!! They will work good on any stock rhino or MT!! You wont be disappointed.

·
Registered
17 Posts
So Andysabruin,

You think these would work on a stock rhino?

Hybridpower,
What's the part number? If these would work on mine, I'd take them.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Hi Carl, thanks for the interest, but I don't think these would fit a stock suspension, as the downward travel would be to much (6").

These bolted into my mid-travel, but they are considered long travel shocks.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts