Yamaha Rhino Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
288 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK for all the gurus out there need some help. Found a FCR 41($250) off of a 08 CRF 450R does not have the hot start, do I need it ? If not how do I block off opening ? Also throttle sensor it is there but wires were cut off about 3" long ? Other than that the carb looks really clean. I have a Hunterworks Tri Fire CDI, UTV Inc. billet intake & Uni filter, Muzzy Duals where to start on my jetting ? Any & all help will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance,
Brian

·
Registered
581 Posts
Didnt see it sorry. Dont worry about the tps or the hot start as you do not need them. As far as jetting goes a starting point would be:

165 main
45 pilot NCVQ or NCYQ needle 4th clip.

Nate
Alba Racing

·
Registered
74 Posts
Like Nate said, you do not need the hotstart or the tps.

But, you will most likely need a throttle cable adapter. Chris at Benchmark can get you one as well as help you get it set up. I bought mine for $200 hoping it would work and sent it to Chris. It is night and day difference vs the stock carb.

·
Registered
101 Posts
Fcr carb

Hi heard alot about fcr carbs for rhino looking for some info on them what size are they and were do I find one thanks

·
Registered
288 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Most say to use the FCR 41 off of '08 or newer CRF 450R. Keep an eye on ebay & all the different forums, check local bike shops. Good luck I have been looking for a while & finally got lucky. Also I have seen other people have used FCR 39's & 40's.

·
Registered
288 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Nate & James thanks for the info. How do I plug or cover the hole for the hot start. I mud ride & do alot of deep water ?

Thanks Again,

Brian

·
Registered
74 Posts
I left the hotstart alone. I do not see any reason to seal it, but i guess you could put some silicon around it for piece of mind.

Just so you know, I have snorkels on mine and ride in water with it and I have not had any issues. Just a heads up, if you plan to snorkel it, the afr was at 13-14 before the snorkel, and after the snorkel, it went to 11.5-12. I did not rejet as I take my snorkel on and off and I was satisfied with the way it ran.

·
Registered
580 Posts
I left the hotstart alone. I do not see any reason to seal it, but i guess you could put some silicon around it for piece of mind.

Just so you know, I have snorkels on mine and ride in water with it and I have not had any issues. Just a heads up, if you plan to snorkel it, the afr was at 13-14 before the snorkel, and after the snorkel, it went to 11.5-12. I did not rejet as I take my snorkel on and off and I was satisfied with the way it ran.
Well that tells me your snorkels are choking your motor.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts