Yamaha Rhino Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Selling a Black Rhino Tach for a 660 motor. I bought it thinking it would work on my 700 and it didn't. Now I'm just trying to get my money back to buy the right one. Complete with mounting bracket and very easy to install, It takes around 30 min. $100 shipped to lower 48. Not trying to make any money just want to get it back. It's the one with the black face, not the carbon fiber one.

·
Registered
3,239 Posts
That tach picks up at the CDI and not the spark plug wire right...???

Is that why you can't use it on the 700...???

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
That's right and I don't want to mess it up. What do you think RuttingRhino? I called black rhino and they said it picks up a different signal.

·
Registered
3,239 Posts
I think they would tell you if it would work for a 700 and I think it's a good quality tach with a well above average mount...

If you bought it from me...I would let you return for a refund minus shipping and 20% restocking fee if it was never installed returned in original package...even if it was clearly stated that it was for a 660 in the product description...

Let's face it...if you ordered one for 660 assuming it would work the same that would be your fault not theirs...

And if it was not stated in product description then you should get 100% refund including shipping if NIB when returned...

I have had two people purchase MSD 4240 from me by mistake...one had a 700...he just didn't read the description...completely his fault...gave him a refund minus shipping...no problem...

The other already had an aftermarket CDI...he knew it was for use with stock CDI but thought he had a stock CDI...

I offered to take it back but he just kept it... :dunno:

So was it your fault you got the wrong one... :13:

Did they offer to help you in any way...

I would not alter the wiring...sell it or return it...

And I did send a customer of mine who might be interested the link...

That is a NICE tach....!

·
Registered
286 Posts

·
Registered
286 Posts
do you still have this ?? if not spoken for I will send you the money

·
Registered
286 Posts
Got the tach looks good thanks