Yamaha Rhino Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
1,819 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
F/S Benchmark 686 Built Motor

SOLD SOLD SOLD

Throwing around the idea of building a SR1 car.... so...

This is a fully built Benchmark Performance 686 11:1 (pump gas) race/dune motor. Fresh build, hasnt even been run yet.

Bottom end just go the full treatment from Benchmark with a rebuilt/welded crank, new rod, middle gear support etc. 0 miles on build. Completely gone through.

Top end was ran for about 15 testing miles and 1 race (well, half a race anyway) on my stock bottom end and a milder cam. 8000 max RPM. I assembled the top end originally, and on the latest build. All Benchmark performance parts.

Brand new Benchmark custom grind cam and brand new DLC pin went in with the current build. Cylinder still had the cross hatching. Not a sign of detonation. Motor was always run at stock timing. Ran with 91 while testing, and 100 octane while racing since it was so hot. Motor has never been ran hot (190-195 max).

Currently has the CP 11:1 piston. Will run on pump gas (91). Big Benchmark Cam with slotted adjustable cam gear, chromoly cam gear pins, new timing chain and intake guide. Full head porting/valves etc by Benchmark. Cam will make peak power about 8400 depending on cam timing.

This was built as a super reliable motor. This is the same setup that Benchmark sells for racing and duning. It can be upgraded to race gas easily (higher comp piston).

I can sell it with any array of parts that you may need for short course/desert racing/ or duning. Options are Benchmark FCR 41 carb (nearly new, one race on it), HSR45 carb (maybe 15 hrs, needs tuning), PDM 4 puck Race clutch, Bronco Clutch (neither clutch tuned for this cam yet), customized Ron Woods exhaust, Pro Circuit duals, K&N intake, Custom UMP large canister filter, Programmable CDI, etc?

Depending on interest, I can either leave it unfired, or fire it up and break in the cam and tune the carb close so you can hear it run. Located in So Cal. Can deliver to Parker/Havasu AZ.

SOLD SOLD SOLD

Thanks

·
Registered
1,503 Posts
:popcorn:

·
Registered
1,819 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
PM me what combination your interested in.

This combo costs over 4k to build not including the core motor. This is not an abused, worn out race motor. This thing is fresh. Most parts in it are new, the rest are only slightly used.

·
Registered
669 Posts
dibs on the clutch if the buyer does not want it.

·
Registered
1,819 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I will be putting most of my extra parts that dont go with the motor, after the motor sells. Some of the stuff may go on my 4 seater. (but not the clutches). PM me if you havent already if theres something specific your interested in.

·
Banned
6,189 Posts
how much for just motor ?

·
Registered
1,819 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Bump. If I can get this motor moved by Thursday, Ill sell it for a little less than I normally would. I have a line on a R1 and need the cash...

·
Registered
1,819 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Well, alot of interest, but still not sold. Im really getting antsy to buy a R1, so make me a offer.

I may also be interested in separating it, and selling the bottom end separate from the topend.

·
Registered
1,819 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Well, I fired her up last night and broke the cam in, and took it through the business complex (always funny the looks you get..) Motor sounds good! Im going to get the clutch tuning close, and take it down to have the FCR 41 dyno tuned top to bottom.

If you want to hear the motor, let me know. Im at the shop in Corona usually 3 days a week.

·
Registered
344 Posts
Do you want to go ahead and move that K&N intake? Keep me in mind when your ready. Cash in hand for the right price.

·
Registered
1,819 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Do you want to go ahead and move that K&N intake? Keep me in mind when your ready. Cash in hand for the right price.
Im not selling anything until the motor sells. As that will dictate what goes and stays. If the motor doesnt sell, and I put it in my 4 seater, Ill keep alot of the stuff to make it work in there... sorry.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts