Yamaha Rhino Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
226 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
:1zhelp: I am curious to find out if any of you have added a second battery. I would like to add one and am looking for advise as to where you put it and where you bought the parts. Best prices and locations etc.

Thanks

·
Registered
997 Posts
I put an optima yellow top in the middle under the hood, next to the other battery box. Fit good with battery bracket I made. I just ran power to a BIG PAC 80 RELAY, and I am able to cut the charge to it when I want to so that at night I can kill that battery good, but I don't sacrifice the original battery, so I don't get stranded. I do recomend ACI's alternator kit for $410 shipped (less than a crappy big stator kit) and its easy to install, and it puts out 55 AMPS which is more than enough to run lights and a system with one or 2 batteries cuz of the consistent charge. I still say 2 batteries is good though if you have a lot of crap going on in your rhino...... my 2 cents

·
Registered
1,960 Posts
bnamotorsports.com has a good battery bracket that fits under the hood.

·
Registered
3,698 Posts
I do recomend ACI's alternator kit for $410 shipped (less than a crappy big stator kit) and its easy to install, and it puts out 55 AMPS which is more than enough to run lights and a system with one or 2 batteries cuz of the consistent charge.
Where did you get the alternator kit?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts